Xbox 360's Unite!

shakes

Likes Dirt
the disc drive on my 360 has just started making this nice horrible loud whirring noise anytime I'm watching/playing something for it :(

any one got a quick fix for it?

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
open up your 360, disconnect the SATA power and data cable, the drice is usually hitachi, so get the model number and replace, otherwise if you are in warrenty you could send it away.

joshrides

Likes Dirt
The 250GB hard drive will cost you around $200 anyway so you're really not saving much. Considering at the jb hifi where I live I can get a 250gig console with kinect and a game for around $550. I think in the long run you've ripped yourself off.
The 250 gig hd is 128 from jb hi fi, so costing me 328 all up IF i get an extra hardrive, which, at this stage i have no intentions of getting.

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Skyrim is really bloody impressive!

Also I have the new 250GB slim which is endorsed as an Xbox that doesn't over-heat, right? Well mine gets really hot, really bloody quickly. Does anyone else have this problem? It has nothing to do with room temperature because it also happens when it's cold. I don't think it's over-heating as such because I can still play for like six hours with a sustained temperature, but I do feel there's an issue.

I had another slim before this and it did the same thing so I returned it and got this one but it just does the same thing. Could there be a resistance issue with my power or something along those lines? Is this just an occurence for everyone? It just worries me to put all these bloody expensive games into the xbox knowing that they're going to get really hot.

Thanks for any help I might get!

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
which game

i have a choice betwwen two games i want to get, saints row 3 and COD MW3. ive played both of the game at a mates. which should i get?

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
how much did u want for it just wondering if i should of just fot urs instead.

it would be good if my stepdad and brother werent hogging the xbox so i caqn play it

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, getting an xbox soon. Would anyone like to point me in the direction for a 250 gb console + wireless adaptor + 1 or 2 games?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does it have to be wireless? The wireless adapters seems disproportionately expensive to me.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think you'll find the new 'slim' console has wireless capabilities straight out of the box, no need for an adapter anymore.

wombat

Lives in a hole
The 250 gig hd is 128 from jb hi fi, so costing me 328 all up IF i get an extra hardrive, which, at this stage i have no intentions of getting.
Even better, just buy a HDD off ebay. The 'hack' for the WD blue drives doesn't seem to be cost effective anymore because those drives are so bloody dear at the moment.

I just got myself a 4Gb xbox from harvey norman for $148; add in the $69 HDD I've got on the way and I'm in business for under $220.

Of course, I pretty much suck hard at games, but Portal 2 was just too much fun to resist.

Bermshot

Banned
Hey gang, just signed up to Live so getting into gaming again. My question is, what sort of good quality Headphones do you use for gaming? But here is the twist, since i don't have a stereo Id like them for music and watching movies in my room with too, and because of that I don't mind spending a bit more. Would $300. be enough for a qual wireless set or am I looking at more? What can you recommend?

Thanks guys

taquar

Likes Dirt
Hey gang, just signed up to Live so getting into gaming again. My question is, what sort of good quality Headphones do you use for gaming? But here is the twist, since i don't have a stereo Id like them for music and watching movies in my room with too, and because of that I don't mind spending a bit more. Would $300. be enough for a qual wireless set or am I looking at more? What can you recommend?

Thanks guys
My GF got me some Turtlebeach X31s for christmas. Have to say, the things are bloody awesome! It uses a standard 3.5mm aux in plug.

I use them for any and all sound coming out of the TV, but in reality, the aux in can be used for anything.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My GF got me some Turtlebeach X31s for christmas. Have to say, the things are bloody awesome! It uses a standard 3.5mm aux in plug.

I use them for any and all sound coming out of the TV, but in reality, the aux in can be used for anything.
+1 for the turtle beach
had mine for a while now. still amazing!

Bermshot

Banned
Thanks guys, just been having a look. The higher end models look like the real deal and no where near what I thought I would be looking at to fork out.

The reason I asked for advice was because even before there was such a thing as xbox good headphones weren't cheap and just wasn't sure with the mike added and so forth.

Thanks again

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I currently have 2 sets of headphones. Bought Audio Technica AD700's initially due to glowing reviews of beatifully clear sound and a very good sound stage and they did not disappoint. Awesome sound and very comfortable all for under $150 delivered. They are awesome for movies, music and gaming but the only downside was I had to use the Xbox headset around my neck for the microphone, which did a reasonable job but became a PITA after a while. I researched adding a mic that I could clip on my shirt or attach to the headphones but it turned out too expensive and difficult.

I ended up buying some Turtle Beach X31's and they are perfect for gaming. The overall sound quality isn't as good as the AD700's but they have an inline amplifier with independant volume control for game sounds and chat, plus bass boost. They are comfy enough for several hours of gaming and they cost me $69 at EB. For the money I don't think I could have found anything half as good.

I probably wouldn't watch movies with the X31's only because the AD700's sound so much richer but they would be more than satisfactory. If you are looking at spending ~$300 maybe look at getting 2 different sets as headphones often serve one purpose better than another. My 2 cost well under $250 and they each serve there current purposes very well.