XC rides accessible without a car from Melbourne...

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Anyone know somewhere I can head for a training ride this weekend?

Looking for somewhere I can get to by train without too much road riding, none if possible. I've heard Macedon is good... anyone ridden there, any good for XC?

Oh and if anyone's keen to come ride 30 or 40 k's of wherever I find to go you're welcome.

Velophile

Likes Dirt
Where are you starting from? There is some good riding in Yarra Bend, close to town but not very long.
You can get to Lysterfield by train. Go to Tecoma station & ride south.
It's shown in the ORCA book. (Off Road Cycling Adventures) I would be up for a ride but both my bikes are in bits right now. :(

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
we've got a place at macedon and if it's trainning ur lookin for..well...it'd be funny watchin you try and ride up the moutain!
If you duck into the bike shop alot of them have old trail books lyin on the shelves and most of them are XC rides.

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Well, Macedon certainly has potential.

Ended up doing about 30 k's or so, didn't go up the mountain but from the station there's dirt roads just a stones throw away...

Gonna have to get back out there with some company and do a full day I think.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i went up to our land on the hill today checkin out the terrain (minus bike).
should have told me you were goin up!

S.

ex offender
What about along the river? You can ride from Studley Park out to Templestowe and back, nearly all singletrack.

Alternatively, there's fireroads in the Dandes that are hellish...

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Socket, that sounds like exactly what I'm after... where exactly would be a good place to start from?

Don't know that area very well at all.