XC Riding near Ballarat

Viv92

Eats Squid
Hi,

Anyone know of any good XC loops sort of near Ballarat (within maybe 1 hr drive)?

Thx

stoo

Likes Dirt
Canadian or Buninyong in Ballarat area are bonza. Youies is under an hour away, Forrest is only 1.5 hours.
Have you tried the Buninyong trails? If not, be at the corner of Simpson / Lal Lal @ 8:00 tomorrow morn for 30ish KM......

moorey

call me Mia
It's a totes sweet loop. ^^^
I shan't be in attendance tomorrow unfortunately...unless you're a babysitter with good references.
Best option, park at the Expresso Depot coffee shop in town, ride 3 min to the trail head, end back at the cafe for shit talking after ride.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Canadian or Buninyong in Ballarat area are bonza. Youies is under an hour away, Forrest is only 1.5 hours.
Have you tried the Buninyong trails? If not, be at the corner of Simpson / Lal Lal @ 8:00 tomorrow morn for 30ish KM......
Ahh that sounds awesome, I'm taking a young-ish kid though so I'll have to skip on the group ride I think. Are the trails at Buninyong easy enough to find?

stoo

Likes Dirt
Not so easy to find, how young is the kid? We are a mix of super-fit roadie-type mountain bikers ( few ) down to fat old fucks like me and young kids too, no rush on our rides.
How long are you in Ballarat for?
Seeya at 8:00.....

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Ahh that sounds awesome, I'm taking a young-ish kid though so I'll have to skip on the group ride I think. Are the trails at Buninyong easy enough to find?
Prediction. He will be mid field. :thumb:

For the record, my 9yo has done the slightly abbreviated version of the loop (about 24km, as has his 10yo mate). Not a doddle, but I reckon your boy will be fine.

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
Haha he's only 9 so quite young actually. Does a lot of riding though, gets through a 10k loop in Brisbane but any further would be pushing it a bit.

moorey

call me Mia
Haha he's only 9 so quite young actually. Does a lot of riding though, gets through a 10k loop in Brisbane but any further would be pushing it a bit.
Read edited above. My joint is about 6km into the ride, all uphill. I'll be home with my 2 kids if your boy is struggling. He could hang here and join back in when you go back past and ride down the hill again. I'm reasonably responsible and trustworthy:spy:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Read edited above. My joint is about 6km into the ride, all uphill. I'll be home with my 2 kids if your boy is struggling. He could hang here and join back in when you go back past and ride down the hill again. I'm reasonably responsible and trustworthy:spy:

The snakes are in their cage and you only serve chilled red cordial?

all out of fireworks?