Xc to be a better street rider

Peter650

Likes Dirt
I know xc is not everyone's cup of tea. But it's a good supplement to street riding. Helps teach you to ride smoother, not harder. It doesn't even have to be boring, if you pick the right trails to train on. My bike with the seat up ☺

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Any form of fitness training that relates to riding is good for Street rides. Better fitness means longer rides, means more attempts, means better skills over time.

moorey

call me Mia
Welcome back Peter Klunker. You have more logins than safreek....unless you ARE safreek...hmmmm.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
what no brakes, just kiddn ya. full points if you ride that xc, ol, old school style
It's not that hard. Husband has a klunker (rigid with back pedal brake only) and rides it around xc trails all the time. Even I've done it. He rides it in skate parks and street spots too.

I reckon street/park improves trail riding more than the other way. Rode trails for years but at soon as i started on the concrete side of things, my trail riding improved immensely.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Welcome back Peter Klunker. You have more logins than safreek....unless you ARE safreek...hmmmm.
They do claim to be 6 to 8 hours apart, so perhaps they are Haakon? His race.car driving skills could cover the distance in 4.3 hours.

It's not that hard. Husband has a klunker (rigid with back pedal brake only) and rides it around xc trails all the time. Even I've done it. He rides it in skate parks and street spots too.

I reckon street/park improves trail riding more than the other way. Rode trails for years but at soon as i started on the concrete side of things, my trail riding improved immensely.
Learning how to pop and land properly will do that. As well as learning how to save your arse last minute and overcoming fear of crashing.

safreek

na, the net over here is shit, keeps chopping out so I have to keep logging in, frustrating. AND I like a bit of suspension and the odd brake or so.

safreek

I couldn't see the backpedal thing on the bike, things may have changed since my backpedal days though.