Xfusion Manic won’t stay up

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all, my trusty Manic dropper suddenly decided it no longer wants to stay up anymore, it just slowly goes down when I sit on it. Disconnected the cable to eliminate that been the issue, but the same result.. Goes back up ok and sometimes firms up enough not to completely sink down, but it ain’t usable. Any ideas what it could be, cartridge rooted? Post is probably a bit over 12 months old, can’t say I have had a cart die this quick before..

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Hi all, my trusty Manic dropper suddenly decided it no longer wants to stay up anymore, it just slowly goes down when I sit on it. Disconnected the cable to eliminate that been the issue, but the same result.. Goes back up ok and sometimes firms up enough not to completely sink down, but it ain’t usable. Any ideas what it could be, cartridge rooted? Post is probably a bit over 12 months old, can’t say I have had a cart die this quick before..
I almost bought a manic for the crafty but didn't pull the pin because this seems to be an ongoing issue. Jump online and you will find a lot of posts about 12 month old manic cartridges dying. Who did you buy it off? From a shop you might be ok to get it fixed second hand try diy MTB for a new cartridge.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I almost bought a manic for the crafty but didn't pull the pin because this seems to be an ongoing issue. Jump online and you will find a lot of posts about 12 month old manic cartridges dying. Who did you buy it off? From a shop you might be ok to get it fixed second hand try diy MTB for a new cartridge.
Mmm, I hadn’t heard bad things about them till now.. Bought it from cycling deal so probably no hope of warranty..

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Mmm, I hadn’t heard bad things about them till now.. Bought it from cycling deal so probably no hope of warranty..
Give them a call always been a good seller for my purchases. If you can demonstrate that's it's a design fault/known fault then manufacturers are supposed to look after you. It's worth a call on Monday.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Give them a call always been a good seller for my purchases. If you can demonstrate that's it's a design fault/known fault then manufacturers are supposed to look after you. It's worth a call on Monday.
Might try that, for some reason the serial number was scratched off by them.. So i’m not sure what sus things are going on with their batch of manics..

Flow-Rider

Burner
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they are a sealed gas strut from Wintek. The only other thing it can be is the actuator jamming or the push rod on the cart is rusted up.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reading the manic owner manual it’s says to replace the cartridge every 12 months.. That’s pretty shit, had a first gen giant dropper that is still going on a mates bike 5 years on..

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
What plastic cap is that? Only a bolt under the bottom saddle clamp where valves normally are.
Just trying to help= there are several versions but one has a plastic cap at the bottom of the shaft in the frame and has a valve under that.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What plastic cap is that? Only a bolt under the bottom saddle clamp where valves normally are.
Just trying to help= there are several versions but one has a plastic cap at the bottom of the shaft in the frame and has a valve under that.
Thanks will check out..

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's the old HiLo with the external actuator.

Last edited: