Xt 8100 or 8120 with 10-45 cassette?

Scotty675

Cable thief
I set limit and b screw with chain on with the derailleur I just fitted. This is a second hand 8100 I picked up so this was first time fitting. I always set b with chain on as I see it as this is were the derailleur will definitely sit while riding (under tension). Limit screws I normally set without chain or cable first then do a final check once everything is fitted up.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I can't find the thread from last time either.
This is not the diagram I posted last time, but it explains the compatibility for parts:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I set limit and b screw with chain on with the derailleur I just fitted. This is a second hand 8100 I picked up so this was first time fitting. I always set b with chain on as I see it as this is were the derailleur will definitely sit while riding (under tension). Limit screws I normally set without chain or cable first then do a final check once everything is fitted up.
Ok, this is the closest I can get with the b limit screw all the way in.

Attachments

bear the bear

Is a real bear
@DMan @Scotty675 assuming that you both are using a version of RD-Mx100-SGS, the clearance that can be achieved via the b-screw is dependent on chainstay length and derailleur hanger geometry. This may allow suitable performance, but Shimano does not guarantee/ recommend it

DMan

@DMan @Scotty675 assuming that you both are using a version of RD-Mx100-SGS, the clearance that can be achieved via the b-screw is dependent on chainstay length and derailleur hanger geometry. This may allow suitable performance, but Shimano does not guarantee/ recommend it
That would explain why I can't get closer. Just the best I can get then?

Scotty675

Cable thief
@DMan this is reference to mine perfectly adjusted. This gives perfect single and multi shifts up and down.
Other 12 speed set up runs a 52 sprocket and this position is also the sweet spot.
These pics are m8100 derailleur and 10-45xt cassette.

Can you post a pic of your derailleur in the smallest cog. So I can see derailleur position

DMan

@DMan this is reference to mine perfectly adjusted. This gives perfect single and multi shifts up and down.
Other 12 speed set up runs a 52 sprocket and this position is also the sweet spot.
These pics are m8100 derailleur and 10-45xt cassette.
View attachment 367135View attachment 367136
Can you post a pic of your derailleur in the smallest cog. So I can see derailleur position
How is this?

Attachments

Scotty675

Cable thief
Sorry one from the side of the bike. To show the angle the cage sits at. From a distance would be good to show all of chain

DMan

Do you have any spare links for chain and a quicklink?
Chain looks a little short
Funny you say that as I broke the chain and had to take 2 links out! I wondered if it was a bit short now. I haven't so I might just throw a new chain on it.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I can throw a couple of links and a quick link in the post if you like. I recon you will be back to smooth shifts in no time.