Xt levers on Magura calliphers

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
How old are they? I thought Magura were meant to be pretty good with warranty
Bike is a 2019, but I bought it second hand so I don't have a receipt unfortunately for the brakes. I've just bought 2X 8100 levers and a SLX shifter anyway. Hopefully the shifter plays nice with my GX derailleur. Supposed to apparently....

SDA

Likes Dirt
Mine are leaking levers. I can pull the rear into the bar after a full bleed still. Plus they are a PITA to bleed. Shimano are so easy with the cup! Even a wandering bite point will be better than not stopping.
Have you tried a bubble bleed using a half full syringe at the levers (sucking it out the gently pushing the fluid back in)?

I fixed mine this way and they're solid.

Although if they are leaking that may not help.

Where are they leaking from?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Have you tried a bubble bleed using a half full syringe at the levers (sucking it out the gently pushing the fluid back in)?

I fixed mine this way and they're solid.

Although if they are leaking that may not help.

Where are they leaking from?
Yes, I've done a full bleed and then a mini lever bleed after that. They start firm and then after a ride go back to full pull into the bar. They leak from where the metal pin plunger of the brake lever goes into the reservoir if that makes sense?

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
12spd Gx shifter works fine with a 12 spd xt derralier. Cant see it being an issue the other way round.

SDA

Likes Dirt
Yes, I've done a full bleed and then a mini lever bleed after that. They start firm and then after a ride go back to full pull into the bar. They leak from where the metal pin plunger of the brake lever goes into the reservoir if that makes sense?
Bugger. Yep understand.

Look forward to hearing how the Shigura's go

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
The thing that sucks about the current MAgura brakes is that you can’t really pull them apart and service them. I had one that was leaking but thankfully i was the original owner and they rplaced them

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If anyone is looking for a really solid mineral oil alternative I can't reccomend TRP Quadiems enough. Pair them up with Trickstuff or Uberbike pads and they are outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk