XTR Bracket

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I managed to bend the 'bracket axle unit' (shimano code Y5XD98130) on my XTR deraillieur when a stick went into the derailieur riding yesterday (see red arrow on pic below). Not sure why the hanger didnt bend... thought that was its job! Seems as though they are hard to find from the usual online shops (Bike Stop have one in stock, but never used/heard of them before?). Thought I would see if anyone has an old M980 deraillier to part out or knows of a good source of random bits like this. Will also be asking at the LBS when I get a chance.

XTR.jpg

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shimano Code : Y5XY98010
RD-M981 BRACKET AXLE
MOUNT UNIT

Shimano AUS are out of stock at the moment.

RRP $49.95

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had the same problem a couple of years back. Both the bracket axle & my hanger bent. The hanger was able to be straightened, the derailler bit, no luck.

The 3 closest lbs to mine said they couldn't replace the bit separately. Put it down to shimano being a pack of .....

So I do have a spare 980 derailler, but it's missing the bracket axle.

If you do happen to find one, do post up the result, I could use one too.

Good luck

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I also had the same problem
Yeah seems like a bit of a design flaw... apart from putting a couple derailleurs through the spokes, Ive never bent one before. It seems this bit is weaker than the derailleur hanger on the bike. I tried straightening it with vice grips... no luck so looks like a new derailleur. :pout: