How to Xtr shifter with sram rear derailleur?

Manc

Likes Bikes
So, I have just purchased a very nice carbon ht from canyon - the exceed cf xl 6.9 Pro race, to be exact - it comes with sram 11 speed gripshift, which I do not like. I would like to replace it with a sram x01 shifter but way to exy so I decided to buy a 11 speed xtr shifter. I know what your thinking, silly boy. I agree, but I bought it anyway. What I need from you is to tell me that it will work fine with the sram derailleur....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treble

Likes Dirt
well if thats all you need..

And you have absolutely no follow up questions, because I have no idea if it will actually work or not, then...

sure, it will work.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
No problem at all. I've done it with an XT shifter and GX derailleur. 11 speed cross compatibility is no issue.

Z

Zaf

No problem at all. I've done it with an XT shifter and GX derailleur. 11 speed cross compatibility is no issue.
Wait, seriously? Pics or it didn't happen, I thought the shifters use a different leverage rate between their steps which kind of meant the shifter didn't mesh with the mech.
My whole life has been a lie!!! God is dead, the goverment's lame, Thanksgiving is about killing Indians, Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day, etc. etc. etc.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Wait, seriously? Pics or it didn't happen, I thought the shifters use a different leverage rate between their steps which kind of meant the shifter didn't mesh with the mech.
My whole life has been a lie!!! God is dead, the goverment's lame, Thanksgiving is about killing Indians, Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day, etc. etc. etc.
11 speed have almost identical pull ratios.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Works on my 11 speed YT the other way as well Sram shifter and derailleur with XT cassette.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Shimano through all their leverage ratio jiggling with recent series of stuff actually made their 11-sp MTB work on near enough the same leverage ratio as SRAM do with theirs, so you can mix shifters & derailleurs between the two with no problems.

Additionally, it's also pretty much the same as SRAM's old 7/8/9-sp. leverage ratio, so you can do a clutched 9-sp. (or 8, or 7) with an 11-sp. derailleur from either camp paired to a SRAM shifter of the required number of gears.

Manc

Likes Bikes
Hallelujah! It friggin works, easy peasy, no messin. In the words of Boom King 'it shifts like a bought one' 11 speed Shimano XT shifter with Sram GX derailleur - done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk