XXL Full Face helmets for horse heads

Kano

Likes Dirt
Hey, can anyone recommend a full face helmet for XXL large heads? I have search the forums but have found nothing conclusive.

Cheers Kano

S.

ex offender
Check out the Fox lineup. I have a Tracer in XL (my head is huge, and the XL is an actual XL - not a Troy Lee "slightly bigger than a typical tennis ball type XL"), and they come in XXL as well (your head would have to be freakin gigantic for that though). Hopefully the new Rampage helmets will come in the same range of sizes.

Kano

Likes Dirt
LOL, :D

Thanks S that is awesome. I dont know if my head is gigantic but after trying some helmets on (661 and TLD) I was starting to wonder.

S.

ex offender
You have to have a miniscule head to fit into any kind of TLD helmet - even the XL/XXLs would barely get over my head, let alone actually fit properly. 661 are not much better in my experience, but the last time I tried one of those one was a couple of years ago now - they may have improved since.

bazza

look at me
You have to have a miniscule head to fit into any kind of TLD helmet - even the XL/XXLs would barely get over my head, let alone actually fit properly. 661 are not much better in my experience, but the last time I tried one of those one was a couple of years ago now - they may have improved since.
does anyone know what the giro remedys and bell helmets are like? i know the bells make them heaps small but i don't know if they make them heaps big.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Ever thought about plastic surgery boys? :D

Specialized Deviant goes fairly large too.

S.

ex offender
Ever thought about plastic surgery boys? :D

Specialized Deviant goes fairly large too.
Short of a prolonged exposure of the cranium to a belt sander or angle grinder, I don't think there's much you're gonna be able to do about my wrecking ball.

j5ive

Nah, surgery for the rest of your body to stop your head dragging on the ground!

j5ive

Ahh so thats your secret weapon for racing. Extra traction and a low cog.

Kano

Likes Dirt
My head is proportional to the rest of my body :D

Does anyone know where I can buy a fox mtb helmet in Melbourne. Just been searching the net for the last hour and nothing at any bike shops I can find?

S.

ex offender
I got mine through Brunswick St Cycles (got em to order it in) but pretty well anyone should be able to get you one (order through Monza). I found the Fox fitment chart (it's on their website, www.foxracing.com somewhere) to be dead-on for my head, so get a measuring tape, do as they say, and order the size to fit. For what it's worth, I have never found a more comfortable helmet for my head.

Switch

huskier headed gent
I know your pain, not only do I have a big head but apparently it's not the same shape that they use as a template for helmet design :eek: .
I have tried Fox, 661, tld, and Mace, all seem to sit too far back on my head. The only one that has come close so far is the Giro mad max 2, so currently trying to track down someone carrying a large size in stock so I can try before I buy, as there is no point doing an order at my lbs till I am sure of the fit.

micksta323

Likes Dirt
big helmets

the new specialized range is a great choice because they have alot of adjustibility. and as mentioned before, are very light. i guess it's just a matter of finding a shop with helmets in stock to try on, or a shop that will get one in for you to try without commiting you to buying it. good luck with your search.

mick.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Try a Netti AXN. I've got one for my massive cranium and it seems to do the job.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Great suggestions here fellas i've been hunting around for an XL Fullface helmet and the Specialized one sounds like a winner for me. :)

j5ive

Just got the 07 661's. Horse heads look elsewhere. XL is tight on my 57cm