ya know what sucks.......

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
color bones suck i broke mine this arvo at fellcreg. and now im off work for who knows how long and i need money to fixs whats brokin.my bike that is.

some dude think his name was tom said that it was one hardcore crash.........well i aim to please.

and beaudesert hospital is the most fast and efficiant hospital in the world.of the many A&E's that i've been in this one was the fastest ,out within an hour.cool.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
or a female, once they decide on something they dont budge :lol:
(this is a joke for those people who dont know)

Az

Likes Dirt
just remember, our bodies wernt designed to travel at mach 10 downhills!!!

and frank Imagine having your collar bone as thick your femur!!! They still brake anyways, the shock would just go somewhere else.

That is why snowboarders arent told to wear wrist guards as much anymore, because the shock was traveling up and breaking at the elbow!! which is a far more painfull and complicated fracture.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well, we should all develop sturdy, simple exoskeletons then should we mr. know it all az (jk)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Until they change it 12 hours later, and then get angry because you don't understand, and then put you in "the cone"

Az

Likes Dirt
Simo said:
well, we should all develop sturdy, simple exoskeletons then should we mr. know it all az (jk)
Well I could go on to say that it prob wouldn't help, because a busted collar bone isnt the result of direct blow ( well most of the time!! )

But won't ( just for you simo) :D :D :D

MrPlow

TMBC
You poor bastard. I broke my collar bone down Preston (a great local trail) when I slammed into a tree, FAAAARK it hurt, I tore all my ligaments on my shoulder and got bits of bone in my shoulder joint. That was 6 years ago and it still hurts when I stand up for more than 20 mins, or ride hard...
Not trying to boast, just letting you know what you are in for, Off work for 2 months as well :wink:
Tried lying down yet :?: :lol:

Cam Hart

Likes Dirt
Hey Frank
Bad Luck - but the shuttle drivers were talking about your stack for hours - you must get the crasah of the day. Get back on it soon.
I had an over the bars on one of the steep shutes, dont know what happened just went over but got back on and finished by run. Thanks to 661 for making Pressure Suits!!! otherwise I might have seen you beauy hospital.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
mmm.... collar bones are shit . like simo said they need reinforcement. I reckon it would have to be one of the most commonly broken bone from dh and dj.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
oh yeah it was a painful trip home...i don't even want to look at my bike cause my wallet will just explode with the pressure.

could ya tell me want happend,if they were talkin about it someone must know. now im going to try and have a shower then go to bed....no i havent laid down yet.im secared already....arrrrhhh.shit the bone moved again.arrrrhhh

trobb

Likes Dirt
That suks
today one of my mates broke his color bone, he high sided at about 40-45 k's. pretty painful i would think

duncan^kona

Likes Dirt
color bones arent strong because our bodies were actually designed to be crawled on, like hands and knees, there for color bones wouldnt have much pressure on them at all!....

S.

ex offender
duncan^kona said:
color bones arent strong because our bodies were actually designed to be crawled on, like hands and knees, there for color bones wouldnt have much pressure on them at all!....
Funnily enough, walking puts even less strain on collar bones than crawling does. :roll: