Yarra Trails regulars

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Coaster’s Bonds Rd climb, it wasn’t fast or pretty; however, got it done. None of you XC racer boys can now claim that it is a decent climb as my 105kgs made it to the top. Seriously Coaster, on a SS, fark!
I haven't been in a rush to go back, but like all XC'ers, I will be back. Love a climb, not matter how much it destroys my knees.........

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Another one for Hans being in great shape except for the leaky dam section.

There were quite a few people out and about, even someone on a nice looking fat bike. Saw a few young kids riding the dam section (the wrong way), come on kiddies take the other ST path.

The ST in Westerfolds, and the stuff just before you enter the park, is also fine.
Took the partner out to Hans on Saturday, she's a pseudo-novice, first time for her there, and she loved it. Lovely and dry, dam is avoidable, and next to no-one there Saturday arvo cept a guy experimenting with hid GoPro and a large mob half on cyclocross steeds.. Bewidful day for a ride!

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a complete tangent, have you guys seen the dude that's been camping along the Yarra over the past few weeks. I've seen him a few times under the power lines near Banksia bridge (brave man!) and also up around Bourke, again under a power line. Has a bike and a fair bit of kit. Must be warmer places to be..........
will someone tell him there's no 24Hr along the Yts could be looking for one - some hardcore single speeder!.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All.

Anybody ridden around the tracks between the boat houses recently. Haven't been in there for a few weeks and thinking of a ride tonight. Are they OK to ride?

Cheers,

Coast

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All.

Anybody ridden around the tracks between the boat houses recently. Haven't been in there for a few weeks and thinking of a ride tonight. Are they OK to ride?

Cheers,

Coast
up high is fine some minor wet bits - so stay above the boulie - a bit more climbing. lower tracks are just about ready to go.

noticed recent rains have eroded parts between pipe bridge to chandler hwy leaving exposed rock that's going to fall apart on edges.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you mean the "River Singletrack" segment?
-> http://app.strava.com/segments/667470
yes around the half way point - the rocky bit/section has eroded and is more exposed in last few weeks. I used to be able to find a cx line on it (going up to avoid pinch flats) now it's pretty exposed so thinking its going to fall away on edges, and its one of my favorite little bits to bomb down on. what's happened is water has washed down it with recent rains.

so might have a go on weekend at packing some dirt around it to keep it together, have a look next time and see what you guys think.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
up high is fine some minor wet bits - so stay above the boulie - a bit more climbing. lower tracks are just about ready to go.

noticed recent rains have eroded parts between pipe bridge to chandler hwy leaving exposed rock that's going to fall apart on edges.
Thanks MTB.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah mate it is all pretty good around there - north of Boathouse and Grange bridge is pretty bad in spots.
Sorry JD, maybe a stooopid question, but do you mean Grange Road Bridge? If so, is there ST from there? I thought it only started at Burnley Road bridge.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
where am I

Sorry JD, maybe a stooopid question, but do you mean Grange Road Bridge? If so, is there ST from there? I thought it only started at Burnley Road bridge.
Coaster I am a moron and have no idea of street/bridge/trail names. Grange Road turns into something else as it crosses the river. Under that bridge (ride down the stairs- its fun) is the gate to start the trail through to the Pipe bridge. All the trails from The bottom of the bridge to the city are cool with minimal damage. Anything north of there(up stream) is fairly stuffed if it is low lying - like around the tennis courts at Ivanhoe and through to the Boulevard- I call this area Tiger Snake Alley. Perhaps if I could stomach Strava I could become more familiar with the names

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coaster I am a moron and have no idea of street/bridge/trail names. Grange Road turns into something else as it crosses the river. Under that bridge (ride down the stairs- its fun) is the gate to start the trail through to the Pipe bridge. All the trails from The bottom of the bridge to the city are cool with minimal damage. Anything north of there(up stream) is fairly stuffed if it is low lying - like around the tennis courts at Ivanhoe and through to the Boulevard- I call this area Tiger Snake Alley. Perhaps if I could stomach Strava I could become more familiar with the names
Ah, I got you JD. Thanks. I had a look on Google maps after your post, was trying to make my ride home from the city along the Yarra more interesting, if I do that bike path one more time I'm going to go postal. Was pondering starting on the ST here through to Gipps St bridge and then do this bit here which should hook me up to the rest.

Anyone done these? OK to ride?

And you're not a moron JD. Trail advocate, passionate rider, social coordinator of Yarra trails and champion for strange men walking around Heidleberg, but not a moron.

Ah, I got you JD. Thanks. I had a look on Google maps after your post, was trying to make my ride home from the city along the Yarra more interesting, if I do that bike path one more time I'm going to go postal. Was pondering starting on the ST here through to Gipps St bridge and then do this bit here which should hook me up to the rest.

Anyone done these? OK to ride?

And you're not a moron JD. Trail advocate, passionate rider, social coordinator of Yarra trails and champion for strange men walking around Heidleberg, but not a moron.
Nah, bloody shithouse sections of trails.......:madgrin:

gead

Likes Dirt
Coaster, I have done these only once on the cx bike, it was quite....challenging. From memory there was a couple of stairs to go up...should be great fun...