Yarra Trails regulars

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Double D, I'm new to the group, two rides in so I'm not exactly a regular. They leave from the corner of merri parade and St George's road at 6.30 on Sundays....it seems to alternate between road and dirt...they are all off riding the duael this weekend, so happy to hook up (so to speak) for a ride on Sunday....who knows maybe JD will be free....
I'm riding the Gazebo on Saturday and then doing a time trial up Donna on Sunday with a roadie group I ride with. Keen to catch up though

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I'm riding the Gazebo on Saturday and then doing a time trial up Donna on Sunday with a roadie group I ride with. Keen to catch up though
you sound way too serious.

Gead - Im in for a CX ride or Sunday morning spin. Pm me your phone number or I will stalk you on pentagram

Last edited:

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Time to get a roadie Coaster. That's not a question either.
I don't think I can do that. I'm too hooked on the dirty side but I hear what you're saying.

On another note even though I was a piker on the last ride I'm looking forward to the next Yarra ride. This weekend will be it for events until the new year so will need something for motivation. A Yarra group ride will be one.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I don't think I can do that. I'm too hooked on the dirty side but I hear what you're saying.

On another note even though I was a piker on the last ride I'm looking forward to the next Yarra ride. This weekend will be it for events until the new year so will need something for motivation. A Yarra group ride will be one.
You are so soft Coaster.

"All those who attended the last Yarra group ride voted to exclude you mate- sorry but you should have been there to defend your self. Please ignore any group ride threads here in future."
Regards
Piston and Jathanus

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are so soft Coaster.

"All those who attended the last Yarra group ride voted to exclude you mate- sorry but you should have been there to defend your self. Please ignore any group ride threads here in future."
Regards
Piston and Jathanus
I piked at the last minute on the last ride, because I had to f**ng work. But just like Coaster I seek forgiveness and I want to be included so I can play with the cool kids too!

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are so soft Coaster.

Regards
Piston and Jathanus
Aw crap! Oh well.......... I guess I'll be just sticking to my group rides of 1 even though I ride with a guy called Tbay, who watches (watching, always watching......) this forum at a distance but is so quite here I sometimes think he's only in my head. And sometimes PB...........

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Aw crap! Oh well.......... I guess I'll be just sticking to my group rides of 1 even though I ride with a guy called Tbay, who watches (watching, always watching......) this forum at a distance but is so quite here I sometimes think he's only in my head. And sometimes PB...........
it was Piston who banned you and Jathanus was in agreement little buddy. Dont worry mate - I will ride with you, just not on organised ride days.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it was Piston who banned you and Jathanus was in agreement little buddy. Dont worry mate - I will ride with you, just not on organised ride days.
You've quit your ways as a ruthless dictator to become a discord planting villain. I love your work Dr Evil! :)

KDB

Likes Bikes
Must have been the day for it. Saw a very large tiger snake at Hans yesterday, thought it was a small branch until the bloody thing moved. It was on that part after the first swtichbacks and was heading up the the dirt road. Gave me the jitters for the rest of the ride.

Haven't been to Hans for about 3 months, forgot how good it is to ride. Nice work by the peeps that have drained and looked after it. Much appreciated.
Thanks for the heads up on trev – fortunately its usually early, dark and cold when I wobble through that bit ..i just need to keep an eye out for Arnie instead .. he’s becoming increasingly reluctant to move out of the way.
Drained a few spots on the GSB (newer bit leading to gateway corner at top of firetrail) this morning. I do wish folks wouldn’t ride around puddles – it had started in a couple of places –just makes a wider mess…

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the heads up on trev – fortunately its usually early, dark and cold when I wobble through that bit ..i just need to keep an eye out for Arnie instead .. he’s becoming increasingly reluctant to move out of the way.
Drained a few spots on the GSB (newer bit leading to gateway corner at top of firetrail) this morning. I do wish folks wouldn’t ride around puddles – it had started in a couple of places –just makes a wider mess…
I was really surprised at the state of GSB, it's very good. I didn't think it would bed down as well as it has, George should be congratulated. It has become a very good addition to the loop.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I was really surprised at the state of GSB, it's very good. I didn't think it would bed down as well as it has, George should be congratulated. It has become a very good addition to the loop.
what does GSB stand for - Georges Special Bits.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you sound way too serious.

Gead - Im in for a CX ride or Sunday morning spin. Pm me your phone number or I will stalk you on pentagram
Is this on JD? I'd be keen to join if that's ok, I have a feeling gead & I have crossed paths before. Not cx obviously.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Is this on JD? I'd be keen to join if that's ok, I have a feeling gead & I have crossed paths before. Not cx obviously.
I cant tomorrow mate but after Christmas

rode plenty gorge today- found lots of new stuff- really liked Jess's Trail- be great if the other loops could be named- hopefully the meeting with parks went well today

Last edited:

gead

Likes Dirt
Sorry sane, missed this....no phone call from JD... Where's the love. Took the cx up koonunga trail, hooked into Mullum mullum, then past Hans, and back along the yarra trails....a good fun loop! A little bit of everything....