Yarra Trails regulars

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Merry Christmas you Yarra tards

I am working on my tan in Queensland and just wanted to wish all my e-pals a very Merry Christmas. Kids just love this stuff, do it for the children- that's what Bono said.

Anyway I will be back for New Years and would like the joint tip top.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a great chrissy JD. Will have to catch you & gead for a spin before we head OS in feb.

clintbtt

Likes Bikes
Hi all. Im back! (After long injury) is anyone heading out near Hans tomorrow? Ill be out in the morning for a bit of a spin

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hi all. Im back! (After long injury) is anyone heading out near Hans tomorrow? Ill be out in the morning for a bit of a spin

I'll be leaving Fitzsimons lane carpark around 8:45 for a couple of laps of Hans (got to drop off and pick up daughter from Doncaster shopping town so filling in time between).

Wont be fast.

Silver VX Commodore, Black Yeti ASR.

velolove

Likes Dirt
So how far east does the trail actually go? I saw on strava that there is an xc loop called mt lofty out past Warrandyte. Does the trail actually link up to this point?

JESSKA

Likes Bikes
Just rode Hans up to the Boulevard, haven't riden the Yarra Trails in a while but they were looking great. Love Bruces Loop or whatever it's called... why do people think it's a good idea to walk through there?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

clintbtt

Likes Bikes
Wouldn't suggest walking or running, as often bike riders have their eyes on the trail in front of them and cant hear as well.

clintbtt

Likes Bikes
Also, I did a little maintenance of the dam wall this morning. Not quite finished but plan to be back out tomorrow to give the place a touch up if any one wants to join

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hope you're all having a nice break and getting in some good rides, talking to a mate today who said he saw a head on at Han's Loop yesterday. they were going the standard way up the switchbacks and you know the fast descent after switchbacks - well here's a guy coming up the other way and as rider descends around corner bang tyre to tyre impact. nothing serious riders ok, wheels bent - climbing rider went right to avoid crash and descending rider went left.

I've had this happen as well, newer riders panic and power slide toward you or just freeze up and go to nearest tree.

another day of excitement on the Yts.

Last edited:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
So how far east does the trail actually go? I saw on strava that there is an xc loop called mt lofty out past Warrandyte. Does the trail actually link up to this point?
I haven't found a way to ride off-road past the nursery. The only way I have ridden to Warrandyte is on road.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Rode Hans to Banksia, thanks to whoever trimmed the bushes along the Banyule flats stuff. Plenty of people out at Hans, no heads on though. That section of trail is pretty open; surprised the person descending didn’t see the climber.

As far as I know the ST turns south along the Mullum Mullum Creek and the only way to get further east is on the road.

As for the people 'walking' around Brucie's loop, JESSKA your perfectly safe, if the rest of us come off in there..........