Yarra Trails regulars

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
goats track? Think I know what you mean, pm me. Not good to publicize the real sweet stuff.

al_

Likes Dirt
There are a couple of really good tracks around studley park. I've been riding around there a bit lately and can't believe how much fun you can have 5kms from the city.

The foot traffic/dog walkers are the biggest issue. They are everywhere outside business hours...

I never would have expected there to be dirt trails under the eastern. It feels like the middle of nowhere, but there is constant traffic noise. It is quite odd.

al_

Likes Dirt
A week makes a difference - made it through the nasty bit between heidelberg and templestowe on the roadie yesterday. Didn't mean to go that way, but tried to sneak around the wetland bit and ended up on the singletrack.

There are some serious ruts in there, but the worst of the mud is gone

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
A week makes a difference - made it through the nasty bit between heidelberg and templestowe on the roadie yesterday. Didn't mean to go that way, but tried to sneak around the wetland bit and ended up on the singletrack.

I think that we met when you asked for directions on Sunday afternoon. And yes, the trails have drained well.

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
I am almost a definate for this week!! Yay :)
That's funny....almost definite..... Or is it ....definite almost.....? You obviously survived Buxton. Much wet clay there?

Might go for a spin this evening. The legs are a bit sore from yesterday and a gentle spin will be good. You're always welcome N.

Not sure about Wed evening this week because of an important dinner I need to attend. If not Wednesday, then Thursday.

Balance

Squid
That's funny....almost definite..... Or is it ....definite almost.....? You obviously survived Buxton. Much wet clay there?QUOTE]

Buxton was slippery but awesome! Can't wait to get back there :)

Tonight's out, count me in for Thursday night!

N

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It's really nice now, wait for the rain tomorrow to stuff it up again...

You coming tuesday night Al?

al_

Likes Dirt
I think that we met when you asked for directions on Sunday afternoon. And yes, the trails have drained well.
I don't think so - i can't recall speaking to anyone, and i was out yesterday morning.

Chris, i'll come tomorrow if it is happening. Where do you want to go to/from?

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
I don't think so - i can't recall speaking to anyone, and i was out yesterday morning.
Okay.... A couple of guys on road bikes asked for directions near the tennis club. We suggested that they "take the left trail" but we think they took the right (or the other left.....) into the MTB tracks.

If it's sunny, I avoid the tracks in the mornings. It's too busy with walkers and families enjoying the day.

al_

Likes Dirt
I was alone, just fighting the headwind between the city and eltham. There were lots of kids doing stupid things on the main trail, and my accidental excursion down the singletrack turned out to be a good move.

Had a brilliant afternoon on friday around westerfolds, the loop and the bit past the orchard. Conditions were pretty close to perfect and plenty were out having fun. Is the owner of the white giant 29er who said hi on here?

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you been under the powerlines behind the nursery, through to the river? Went there yesterday and acres and acres of bush begging to be single-tracked. I reckon if we're discrete we could do another Hans loop, it looked like no-one ever goes there.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the owner of the white giant 29er who said hi on here?
I was out on the loop on Sunday afternoon, testing to see how the new bike felt around the loop. Did 1 hard lap and an easy one, I have a bit of a cold, but still got out as planned even if it was only 10k. Noticed on the descent (about a k in I think) there's a giant hole opening up in middle of track. Next time I'm out there I am going to fill it, if someone doesn't sooner.

keyatch

Likes Bikes
Have you been under the powerlines behind the nursery, through to the river? Went there yesterday and acres and acres of bush begging to be single-tracked. I reckon if we're discrete we could do another Hans loop, it looked like no-one ever goes there.
I'm up for lending a hand to this cause. It'd be nice to have an area with a little less traffic.... I've always wanted to try my hand at being one of those cool trail building guys.

al_

Likes Dirt
I was out on the loop on Sunday afternoon, testing to see how the new bike felt around the loop. Did 1 hard lap and an easy one, I have a bit of a cold, but still got out as planned even if it was only 10k. Noticed on the descent (about a k in I think) there's a giant hole opening up in middle of track. Next time I'm out there I am going to fill it, if someone doesn't sooner.
Was that you on friday afternoon? I was sitting on the side of the track in the sun sending a couple of emails and having a drink. Someone came past, asked if i was ok and seemed to be loving their new bike!

It is the perfect spot out there too. Who created the existing loop? I remember when that park was opened, so i'm guessing it was since then

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was that you on friday afternoon? I was sitting on the side of the track in the sun sending a couple of emails and having a drink. Someone came past, asked if i was ok and seemed to be loving their new bike!

It is the perfect spot out there too. Who created the existing loop? I remember when that park was opened, so i'm guessing it was since then
Hans from FTF, about 3 years ago in it's present format.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was that you on friday afternoon?
do you mean han's loop? No Friday afternoon I ride back through yarra flats towards city. Tracks are starting to dry out, get ready to rail the corners!

al_

Likes Dirt
It did get very sloppy quickly. It was good fun though... Deep mud, puddles, rain and dark sound bad, but it is good to ride in different conditions. When it is hot, dusty and the snakes are out I'll miss the mud