Yarra Trails regulars

gorillasalid

Cannon Fodder
Hi all,

Looking for anyone that rides that Yarra Trails regularly, in my mind that would be 3 times or more a week. Looking at getting in a little more riding. Possibly in the Mornings (week) or possibly after work. Nothing to crazy, more laps of some sort. Maybe look at creating a kind or route of something, mix in some road, single track etc.

Let me know if there are any of you all ready doing this so i can join in or possibly anyone that wants to start doing that.

Laters:D
Joe

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Hey, I ride the Yarra Trails a bit, based around Heidelberg and go either way to Westerfolds (is there much beyond there?) or towards the city. Only just gotten back into riding, and haven't ridden around here much before. Some pretty good trails to be had, I must say! Just gotta be wary around the Yarra flats toilets...

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, I ride the Yarra Trails a bit, based around Heidelberg and go either way to Westerfolds (is there much beyond there?) or towards the city. Only just gotten back into riding, and haven't ridden around here much before. Some pretty good trails to be had, I must say! Just gotta be wary around the Yarra flats toilets...
Gotta watch the trouser snakes....

Have you done Han's Loop the other side of Westerfolds?

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Gotta watch the trouser snakes....

Have you done Han's Loop the other side of Westerfolds?
I think its more a case of being chucked on if there's a footy match being played.

The trail network becomes tighter, steeper and quite changeable depending upon the weather over the previous week or so. Good tight trails all the way to Beasly's Nursery.

Joe sent me a PM with his contact details and I'll respond shortly. PM me with a mobile number if anyone else is interested and I'll add you to a group sms for future rides. Perhaps a good first outing will be upstream of Fitzsimons Lane Bridge.

Last edited:

bobjsouth

Cannon Fodder
g'day

Hi- Just joined the forum-

I do a few rides along the Yarra and would welcome some company. I normally start at either Studley Park or Fairfield boathouse and ride out to Westerfolds park. Trying to get a few more off-road K's in so ore than happy to do a few morning rides per week out there.....

Cheers

B.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Although Im only 16, I find it a bit hard to find other people my age that ride.

I would be up for it in the afternoons.
I live in Viewbank so I can enter near the silos or banyule flats area.

It'd be nice if we could get enough people to get a group going.:D

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Unfortunately due to my work/uni schedule I can only ride out there at night. Anybody else doing nightrides through the Yarra Trails. I have been riding from Fairfield boathouse at night-time by myself, gets a bit creepy and can't fully enjoy myself. Anybody keen to do night-rides?

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Unfortunately due to my work/uni schedule I can only ride out there at night. Anybody else doing nightrides through the Yarra Trails. I have been riding from Fairfield boathouse at night-time by myself, gets a bit creepy and can't fully enjoy myself. Anybody keen to do night-rides?
I typically do two or three night rides a week but have been ill over the past couple of weeks and stuck at home. Will have some catching up to do when I feel better. I normally begin the ride from Westerfolds Park and will sms those who have pm'd me.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
State of the Trails

Howdy,

I'm pondering going out for a ride along the Yarra Trails (haven't been out for while) and was wondering what state they're in after the recent rain. Are they ok to ride or is there still too much water around? No, not affraid of mud, just don't want to screw ovber the trails!

Cheers,

Coaster

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Howdy,

I'm pondering going out for a ride along the Yarra Trails (haven't been out for while) and was wondering what state they're in after the recent rain. Are they ok to ride or is there still too much water around? No, not affraid of mud, just don't want to screw ovber the trails!

Cheers,

Coaster
They were like clag on Sunday

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick ride this morning and not content with removing the bit next to the boardwalk, they've now blocked off the little climb/descent where you drop off onto the next ST bit. Now you have to go down the bike track and turn right along the drain.

al_

Likes Dirt
I went out from heidelberg with a mate today... conditions between there and chandler are really average. I wouldn't have gone there if i had any idea that it would be that bad, but yesterday i was out on the other side of chandler and it was fine.

There were massive puddles and some were really deep... we had fun, but the bike took a beating and it wouldn't have done the trails any good

Who has been digging on the corners and cleared that short new section near the loop? It made a massive difference today and i felt really bad being out knowing that someone has been trying to fix the existing damage

There are some seriously weird guys around there too. Bushwalking seems to attract all types...

Last edited:

al_

Likes Dirt
Also, how much are we not supposed to ride the trails going both ways from the fairfield boathouse?

I had a half ado yesterday and thought it might be a good time to have a look, as it was likely to be quiet. The tracks are fantastic and i only saw two other people, who nearly fell over when i stopped to let them past.

Surely bikes won't do too much damage? They were really good fun and so close to the city

keyatch

Likes Bikes
There are some seriously weird guys around there too. Bushwalking seems to attract all types...
There are some major weirdos out there.... I'm a bit hesitant to head out there on my own, it's only a matter of time before one of those bushwalking types to shove a stick into someones spokes and have their way with them!

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went out from heidelberg with a mate today... conditions between there and chandler are really average. I wouldn't have gone there if i had any idea that it would be that bad, but yesterday i was out on the other side of chandler and it was fine.

There were massive puddles and some were really deep... we had fun, but the bike took a beating and it wouldn't have done the trails any good

Who has been digging on the corners and cleared that short new section near the loop? It made a massive difference today and i felt really bad being out knowing that someone has been trying to fix the existing damage

I don't suppose that was you riding down Miller Street, Nth Fitzroy on Sat? I was on my way out when I saw some seriously muddy guys riding along, must have come back from a session on Yarra. When I saw them it made me want to go, and not want to go!

There are some major weirdos out there.... I'm a bit hesitant to head out there on my own, it's only a matter of time before one of those bushwalking types to shove a stick into someones spokes and have their way with them!
Bib knicks!!! They'll never get those off without a fight! I know what you mean, you just hit this point on the track and all of a sudden there's just these guys aimlessly walking around on their own. The thing that strikes me is that you see all kinds out there, young, old, conservative, even bikers ( I saw the toughest guy on the planet out there once). Takes all kinds I guess...........

keyatch

Likes Bikes
Bib knicks!!! They'll never get those off without a fight! I know what you mean, you just hit this point on the track and all of a sudden there's just these guys aimlessly walking around on their own. The thing that strikes me is that you see all kinds out there, young, old, conservative, even bikers ( I saw the toughest guy on the planet out there once). Takes all kinds I guess...........
Brilliant.... that's the first 'pro-bib knicks' argument that has had any impact on me..... i'll get some tonight!

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi,

Went out yesterday and the tracks before Westerfolds are in a pretty bad state, so I'd be giving them a skip for a while or they will be rooted by spring. Jumped on the paths quick pronto and rode out past Westerfolds and all was pretty good so stretch your legs on the path and do a few laps of Hans Loop. No flaming me (!!!), I feel like a kill joy posting this but anything to save the tracks (and your bike!).

keyatch

Likes Bikes
They're horrible to ride on when they are in that state anyway. Once they get muddy they are pretty stinky.