Yarra Trails regulars

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Peace

Hey Walker, it makes perfect sense to suggest people ride, get muddy and then pick up a shovel and repair but few roll up their sleeves. Unfortunately the maintenance of these trails is left to a few who obviously get pissed off with the lack of collaboration and support. Those that regularity frequent these pages are old, grumpy, overweight, in continent, xc whippets who carry their bikes over jumps and trail obstacles for fear of falling but they care about the trails and maintenance.
Coming in here swinging your dick in the wind is certainly one way to make a statement but we like to believe we are a community of like minded old fossils. You might find a different approach might reap many benefits at a personal and community level. You might even find a friend, riding pals, a girlfriend/ boyfriend or folks you can sell/ trade stuff to.
They are way too nerdy for me and a bunch of elitist pansies but you know it takes all types.

Peace and kindness to all

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
ARE YOU serious boo fucking hoo awe so what get out get muddy when it dries out get a fucking shovel man up and try some labour and fix em joined up thinking was going to be some more adrenalin seekers with a bit of heart you all need a fucking soap box you softies! Surprised you can hold onto those bars with them limp wrist key board warrior hands..

GROW A SET!!

.....shut up.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
and it also helps if you are dealing with a ugly green beast that traditionally lives in caves or under bridges...
i am just so gullible some times, really, i thought i could save him/ he was just misguided, I wish i was more like Dozer and could read a crowd like Moorey. These interweb things are just so convoluted

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Bunch Ride 5:45pm Leaving Bicycle Superstore Nunawading TONIGHT.
2-2.5hrs, YarraTrails + Hans Loop.

Normally get around 10riders, great group, caters for any level of rider.

Hope to see you guys there.
Josh

So how much of the trail did you rip to shreds? :behindsofa:

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same again next week guys... (Tuesdays)

Bunch Ride 5:45pm Leaving Bicycle Superstore Nunawading.
2-2.5hrs, YarraTrails + Hans Loop.

Normally get around 10riders, great group, caters for any level of rider.

Hope to see you guys there.
Josh

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
So how much of the trail did you rip to shreds? :behindsofa:
I rode Hans today and it is actually in excellent condition. As usual in winter the 3 dams leak/overflow and there are a few puddles in these areas. As we all know there are some diversions for these sections.

The base is firm generally and not very slippery at all.

The soil at hans is different to most of the Yarra trails and if people stay off it while actively raining or just after a downpour it should hold up well. But it all depends how much rain we get in the next month

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 I was out at Hans tonight. No probs at all with the surface condition, just keep away from the leaky dam; common sense.

As for the weather, f**k me it was cold!

I rode Hans today and it is actually in excellent condition. As usual in winter the 3 dams leak/overflow and there are a few puddles in these areas. As we all know there are some diversions for these sections.

The base is firm generally and not very slippery at all.

The soil at hans is different to most of the Yarra trails and if people stay off it while actively raining or just after a downpour it should hold up well. But it all depends how much rain we get in the next month