Yarra Trails regulars

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having had a run in or two with them at Hans you would have to get very very close to have one attack you. Somehow I think the kangaroo isn't 100% to blame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah for sure, sounds like (according to some expert on 9news) the roo that 'attacked' was most likely just thrown out of a pack and this poor lady coped it. Wrong place wrong time.
A mate, who was riding in front, ran into one at hans. He said they were surprisingly fluffy..

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Sorry to jump topics, but what's this I hear about new 'legal' trails to be built in Tikalara Park in Templestowe?
Warrandyte mtb club have Parks Vic approval to build a trail network in Tinkalara Park. Andrew Reilly club president is on here and could explain it a bit more. Theres still a few hurdles to jump yet but huge potential in the area

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Warrandyte mtb club have Parks Vic approval to build a trail network in Tinkalara Park. Andrew Reilly club president is on here and could explain it a bit more. Theres still a few hurdles to jump yet but huge potential in the area

Go Warrandyte MTB Club. If you want to help- please join the club and know your membership dollars go back into the club, trails and community.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Woohoo!! 10 char

Beej1

Wonder if the trail from the top of the hill under the power lines down to the homestead gate & bridge will be incorporated? Easily my fave bit of Yarra Trail.

SDA

Likes Dirt

Brilliant!

RazeR

Likes Dirt
Tikalara trails - east of Candlebark

Wonder if the trail from the top of the hill under the power lines down to the homestead gate & bridge will be incorporated? Easily my fave bit of Yarra Trail.
The existing trail along the river is part of the proposal. The exact alignment of the new trails is yet to be formalised and we (Warrandyte MTB) will let everyone know as soon as we have the details.

http://www.warrandytemtb.com.au

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
So I've started exploring the Yarra trails and the most interesting single track I've found seems to have no bikes signs. What happens if you are found riding on these tracks? Has it happened to anyone before?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yarra ST

So I've started exploring the Yarra trails and the most interesting single track I've found seems to have no bikes signs. What happens if you are found riding on these tracks? Has it happened to anyone before?

Welcome to the area.

There are no sanctioned MTB trails along the entire Yarra at this stage. Everything you find is effectively illegal. The ST with no bike signs (between the boat houses) are tracks Parks would like to close to all trail users- they have stated it is due to cultural significance. Parks have no intention to maintain/ build anything in the area and would rather close them than repair. In the mean time only MTBers maintain the tracks for all users. Any new lines/ trails built in this area will not be tolerated and anyone found to be doing anything in here will be prosecuted- this includes maintenance. Long story short- they would like these tracks to simply disappear.

Personally, I am very conscious of other trail users when riding here. Always polite, stop and allow them to pass and watch my speed. A walker/ rider collision could have major consequences for everyone.

I dont know of anyone who has faced a fine for riding these trails- a few have been asked to walk their bikes and you might get the odd grumpy comment from (mostly) elderly walkers.

Just be respectful and conscious of others is key. The trails east of Chandler Hwy are slightly more tolerated by stakeholders. Some of the trails further north/ east are the most cycled trails in Victoria despite being unsanctioned.

You need to hook up with some locals so you know whats out there and how best to link up everything. Post here when you are free to ride and there will certainly be someone happy to show you around. Or join a group ride- Summit Cycles Saturday, The Ride Cycles- Tuesday?? or checkout the Warrandyte MTB Club.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been threatened with fines by grumpy rangers a few years back. Only at the studley park end of the trails mind you.
As JD said ride with consideration to other users and you will be fine.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Rode Burke to Studley park and is very loose and dry out there.

A special hello to the young lady camping near the bottom of monument climb / descent who was walking around near her tent in only a black g string. Finally, the YTs delivers some T&A after years of dodging the man love around annulus.

The rollover which has been built over the fallen tree near pipe bridge looks to be one of the dodgiest that I’ve seen on the YTs.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
The rollover which has been built over the fallen tree near pipe bridge looks to be one of the dodgiest that I’ve seen on the YTs.
doggy as hell but still ride able Mr AC. It will get sorted soon I believe.

look forward to a ride soon ....................

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Welcome to the area.

You need to hook up with some locals so you know whats out there and how best to link up everything. Post here when you are free to ride and there will certainly be someone happy to show you around. Or join a group ride- Summit Cycles Saturday, The Ride Cycles- Tuesday?? or checkout the Warrandyte MTB Club.
Pretty sure that The Ride Cycles YT shop ride is each Wed night (weather permitting) - 6:30pm for a couple of hours. upstream or downstream on alternate wednesdays. :thumb:

Beej1

... and you might get the odd grumpy comment from (mostly) elderly walkers.
I always pull over and let walkers through as well. Always. The odd grumpy comments despite this, however, are always entertaining. Especially old grumpy men seemingly angry enough to box on without any physical provocation (other than my presence). The folk of that generation can be quite fascinating.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always pull over and let walkers through as well. Always. The odd grumpy comments despite this, however, are always entertaining. Especially old grumpy men seemingly angry enough to box on without any physical provocation (other than my presence). The folk of that generation can be quite fascinating.
Especially the ones with their dogs off lead. They are happy to grumble about mtbs but if you dare tell them to use a lead in an 'on lead' area they lose their shit.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Is the tree gone, or has there been some trail fairy activity?

Did your ride happen to take you past the sights near the bottom of monument?
Some fairy by the looks of it. Parks have know about it for months.

No but I'm out today. Will check if she is there and ok. If homeless it is probably safer to stay there than city or around Fitzroy/ Collingwood. I would doubt she is ok if she is sleeping rough and getting around in a gstring. Sad.