Yarra Trails regulars

Staunch

Eats Squid
Admittedly I haven't been around the area a whole lot lately due to uni/work, but it amazes me that no-one has come across any of the blokes doing this and explained the repercussions of their actions to them. It seems every time I go past there's something new that's come up, even after the PT was smashed.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short but sweet pedal at Candlebark yesterday, the little human at home is still commanding much time and attention.... so still little riding time.

Trails are running sweet!

Added bonus of meeting none other than Redbruce. Massive thanks for your hard work.

Grant.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
D4B87308-D503-4904-8514-24FEADD1CA68.jpeg
A mate just sent this through. Fairly sensitive area for a big rescue operation. Hope he’s ok and no knee jerk reactions are coming.

cogs19

Likes Bikes
View attachment 348124 A mate just sent this through. Fairly sensitive area for a big rescue operation. Hope he’s ok and no knee jerk reactions are coming.
I was out that way yesterday (mid-arvo) and saw no sign of the rescue. The section under the bridge is currently closed to foot traffic - gate closed at the top of the stairs and orange tape on the trail at the other side (east) of the bridge. Presumably it is shut because the trail under bridge is eroding with large potholes developing.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
I’m guessing that it happened on either the cliff part which used to have the rock in it or the next section just downstream of this, i.e. the part where the side of the trail is eroded down the edge of the embankment and there is a tree coming out of the upper embankment to make things a bit narrow.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If he came a cropper from the Gipps St trail that leads there I'm struggling see where the 10M came from. Maybe they think he fell off the bridge?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
That is councils responsibility. I walked it with Parks rangers and they notified Council to fix it. They simply put up a dodgy fence around the problem bit with no signage. They didn't fence off the stairs so the poor bugger probably walked down the stairs and thought - stuff it I will climb around the fence and fell.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Little heads up for anyone who rides around Chandler Hwy.

It’s still possible to ride the ST from pipe bridge and either of the windy bits that come down from the Boulie but the road is the only way to get over Chandler. They are carving a huge chunk out of the top of the section closest to the Boulie so not sure how long the ST will be there.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
It isnt really news- it is a complete dramatic beat up. The MTBing community have been united, proactive, engaged and are 100% supportive of Parks strategy for the area. Now Parks need to agree on a strategy and get everyone in their organisation on board.
The impact of illegal trails around Yarra Bend was seriously over exaggerated in the article. Parks and the MTBing community are working together to retain continuous shared use single track from Richmond to Westerfolds- for ALL USER GROUPS. There are much bigger issues for the River and the area.
Carry on - nothing to see here........................................

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Kid on a MTB Vic Facebook group... Pretty sure that's Main Yarra Trail just after the gate near where the old dirt jumps were... This forum needs a facepalm emoji. Not pictured in screengrab: sketchy run-in and dodgy log pile take-off supported by start pickets. Council/Parks Vic are going to love this one.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Another surprise on the YTs today. Keep an eye out for horses on the ST around Bonds Rd folks
worse most pompous recreational group, 3 people on horseback at harcourt yesterday, riding beside our trail works, most horses don’t like really fast buzzing bicycles, yet they bring them to a mtb pk, prob only to complain about mtb’s scaring their horses.
we have 1 older woman regularly riding the mtb trails in wombat, 1 guys carbon frame snapped against a tree as horse squishe him & bike against a large gum...woman went straight to local paper who published big story about mtb’s terrorising horses.
anytime i see horse people i remind them horses aren’t people...99% don’t like it

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kid on a MTB Vic Facebook group... Pretty sure that's Main Yarra Trail just after the gate near where the old dirt jumps were... This forum needs a facepalm emoji. Not pictured in screengrab: sketchy run-in and dodgy log pile take-off supported by start pickets. Council/Parks Vic are going to love this one.

View attachment 365337
Saw this on Friday. Takeoff is huge and right next to the MYT. Lots of kids digging lately, some great, most bad. I’ll be surprised if it’s still there when I get out again later in the week.