Yarra Trails regulars

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Saw this on Friday. Takeoff is huge and right next to the MYT. Lots of kids digging lately, some great, most bad. I’ll be surprised if it’s still there when I get out again later in the week.
Yeah I should say, most of me loves it and wants to take the enduro bike down there to hit it but... it’s just the worst possible location

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
worse most pompous recreational group, 3 people on horseback at harcourt yesterday, riding beside our trail works, most horses don’t like really fast buzzing bicycles, yet they bring them to a mtb pk, prob only to complain about mtb’s scaring their horses.
we have 1 older woman regularly riding the mtb trails in wombat, 1 guys carbon frame snapped against a tree as horse squishe him & bike against a large gum...woman went straight to local paper who published big story about mtb’s terrorising horses.
anytime i see horse people i remind them horses aren’t people...99% don’t like it
•full disclosure:townie
I know nothing about horses but a lingering memory of a Warburton trail ride years ago was that they can be easily startled. It’s just not something I expected after 20 odd years riding around what is suburban Melbourne. No one is going full tilt atm because of the increased numbers around, but back in the day this would’ve been a very fast section.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Is there anything to the rumour someone was caught recently putting branches trying to block single track along yarra trails. Unsubstantiated that same person might be the Boulie tacker?

Brother Maynard

Likes Bikes
And could that person also be the 6ft male in a gimp suit that I nearly ran over last Saturday night at 19:30?
One of my most memorable YT encounters so far! He was wandering around the boathouse area below the teardrop.

Gimp man, if you read this, please add some hi-vis or blinky lights when wandering around in the dark...

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Is there anything to the rumour someone was caught recently putting branches trying to block single track along yarra trails. Unsubstantiated that same person might be the Boulie tacker?
Its all posted on FB - Yarra mtb collective group. The OP’s instagram story is now gone but at the time it had plenty of photos. Bottom line yes, couple older folk caught red handed. The crazy lady has been identified and everything has been presented to the police. Boulie tacker - no idea. OP is said to believe they are...

This is her:

https://www.facebook.com/ande.bunbury

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is angy walkers laying nasty branches over the single track right up to Westerfolds.. It’s a massive shit fight atm, walkers claiming mtb trails as their own because the main yarra trail has too many people walking on it... I came across a dude on freshly cut single track that wouldn’t share a mm with me.. Whinging about fkn mtbers yet he is walking on a new mtb trail that had been cut only a few weeks before.. Complete flog of a bloke, he had some mongrel looking pit bull with him so what you do..

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
There is angy walkers laying nasty branches over the single track right up to Westerfolds.. It’s a massive shit fight atm, walkers claiming mtb trails as their own because the main yarra trail has too many people walking on it... I came across a dude on freshly cut single track that wouldn’t share a mm with me.. Whinging about fkn mtbers yet he is walking on a new mtb trail that had been cut only a few weeks before.. Complete flog of a bloke, he had some mongrel looking pit bull with him so what you do..
isn't that the one mentioned on Yarra MTB group on FB? Arch Karen AB and her anti-MTB associates - currently referred to the police because the walkers were allegedly putting branches at head height? the dog guy might be his own special club of one.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Its all posted on FB - Yarra mtb collective group. The OP’s instagram story is now gone but at the time it had plenty of photos. Bottom line yes, couple older folk caught red handed. The crazy lady has been identified and everything has been presented to the police. Boulie tacker - no idea. OP is said to believe they are...

This is her:

I don't get the eco types that are against MTB'ers, do they not know that we want to keep forrests around because we like to ride through them? People need to learn to compromise. In turn maybe we can get rid of all the speds who deem it necessary to litter and ride through trails under maintenance.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I don't get the eco types that are against MTB'ers, do they not know that we want to keep forrests around because we like to ride through them? People need to learn to compromise. In turn maybe we can get rid of all the speds who deem it necessary to litter and ride through trails under maintenance.
what really grinds my fucking gears is walkers getting all aggressive and NIMBY on MTBers, when the walkers are on tracks cut by riders in the first place. There's a good reason I prefer riding at night, less fuckwits. pity about the 5km thing, and 8pm VIC curfew.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
isn't that the one mentioned on Yarra MTB group on FB? Arch Karen AB and her anti-MTB associates - currently referred to the police because the walkers were allegedly putting branches at head height? the dog guy might be his own special club of one.
Different Karen, different part of the yarra. The same privileged aholes can be found all the way to Tikalara..

Rob_74

Likes Dirt

This is her:

Yeah that the one i heard about. Btw i can't find yarra mtb collective on Facebook. Is the group hidden. How do you join?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what really grinds my fucking gears is walkers getting all aggressive and NIMBY on MTBers, when the walkers are on tracks cut by riders in the first place. There's a good reason I prefer riding at night, less fuckwits. pity about the 5km thing, and 8pm VIC curfew.
So many of these people in the last few months. It's like they think Parks or their local council are clearing fallen trees, hacking blackberries back & routing drainage around problem spots.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...and, another one bites the dust....

Curious about the 'Working with the mtb community' thing. Anything to do with you @Big JD?