Yasi

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surprised there's not already a thread? Or am I that blind?

Been pretty interesting watching it develop from a low since yesterday morning. Can't say I'm excited about watching it get closer and become more apparent where it's going to hit, but alot of people are gonna get affected by this beast. Hopefully the worst of it hits somewhere small!

Timmay023

Likes Bikes
Yep, it looks as though most of Queensland is going to suffer again.
There goes any chance of some dry riding up our way in Cairns... but I guess it is wet season after all.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From all reports so far it's going to be hectic. My intensive has been cut short and all the people from Cairns are being sent home tomorrow. This area has already been declared a disaster zone in anticipation.

chris95

Likes Dirt
Looks fucken huge, im in townsville and we have been getting the house ready for it, lets hope its not to bad

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can honestly say as someone who has watched this thing from the beginning and understands just how severe it is, I have genuinely never been this scared before in my life.

Yowie

Likes Dirt
Yep looks like it's going to be a big one Alec, I'm just cleaning up the shop and then off home to sit it out. Going to be a big clean up afterwards, the trails are going to cop it again sadly. Keep your heads down cairns folk!

Got a photog job for you in a few weeks as well if your keen, I will hit you up next week when things calm down.

aidz44

Likes Dirt
yeah, Larry was a cat 4. But he was very concentrated.
Yasi has the possibility to be DOUBLE the physical size of larry, AND more powerful at the eye ... FARK

seems like Innisfail will be deserted after this one. 2 in 5 years, poor bastards

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lived in Townsville when Larry hit Innisfail etc, we went for a trip up Cairns way camping etc some months after and saw for real some of the damaged trees etc.
If Yasi hits a large centre like Cairns dead on I'm certdainly not looking forward to the devastation.

Here in WA we had a potential category one coming our way recently, thankfully it fizzled out, I was just hoping it would have brough more rain to the SW where I live. But my neighbours who have lived here for a long time do remember a cyclone that came this way a long long time ago, certainly not something to look forward to regardless of how weak it is. Closest I've been was when living in Darwin and got the edge of a cat1 or 2. Was just 120 kph wind gusts and not much more, certainly don't fancy being in anything worse either!

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
My parents live 140km north of Cairns in the Daintree and my sister goes to school in Cairns. I'm f*cking freaking. I'm thinking of all of you guys in Queensland...stay safe.

MTBmaster05

Likes Dirt
Yeah heading to cairns directly but as TC anthoney was head straight for us (townsville riders) it droped down south, so this TC ''may'' head for us again unless its too strong and keeps going for the cairns blokes. Bit off wind surfing instead of riding this week i guess :D

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant wait for the cyclone levy. Wonder how many people took out insurance after the floods and the stories about insurance companies not covering them. I pity the people who will be affected, but loath the idiots who dont bother to insure and make me pay for their stupidity.......

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Aw Crap....

8.22pm Tuesday night and I'm at home just 43km inland from the coast between Cairns and Innisfail.
Funny thing is, its a beautiful warm relatively still summer night, cyclone?, what cyclone?
All the prep is done, our house is brand new so I hope my wife son and I will be OK.

Quite frankly though as a veteran of 5 cyclones since we moved to Cairns, this one really has me worried.
200kph winds from mid afternoon tomorrow

Fuck me

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, Larry was a cat 4. But he was very concentrated.
Yasi has the possibility to be DOUBLE the physical size of larry, AND more powerful at the eye ... FARK

seems like Innisfail will be deserted after this one. 2 in 5 years, poor bastards

That's what I thought.

About half my good friends live in the table lands/cairns area... Took quite a beating in Larry, I hope no one is killed that's all :s

LQQK

Likes Bikes
I’m like a lot of the others in Cairns, just sitting and waiting. Some people at work who have never been through a cyclone and think this is exciting, me and a few others openly admit we are shit scared. I'm not sure if my house will hold up to the winds, if I had a car I would have headed west this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow I’ll grab my 5 yo and head to an evacuation centre, I don't care if my house blows away - I just don't want to be in it.

taquar

Likes Dirt
Jesus, cant Queensland just be left alone this fucking summer? Its like mother nature is jealous of how awesome we are and trying to screw us over, its not our fault we're awesome! :(

Anyways, good luck to the guys up north, ill be hoping its not as bad as they say. If only it was possible to help out or do something from here in brisbane... :(