Year 12 2010!

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For a second I was wondering why the hell we have another Year 12 thread, but then I realised it was a 2010 Year 12 thread. :) Unlucky kids

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How does that work?
Are you going to tafe or something.

Edit: i fail at quoting
Im in QLD school sport so it gives me time to train as well as do school work. I will go to school 2 or 3 days a week and the rest will be studying/training.

I was really struggling this year with work load so hopefully this will help me get a better OP.

Is anyone going to the Gold Coast for Schoolies?
Hopefully I am. Im trying to get people I know to book rooms on the lower floors so they can lift me up and it saves me paying for accomadation. Thus having more money for alcomohol :). I've heard they have shit loads of security at the accomadation and are real serious and shit so might have to think up another plan...

For a second I was wondering why the hell we have another Year 12 thread, but then I realised it was a 2010 Year 12 thread. :) Unlucky kids
What are you up to? 3 weeks then 2 weeks of block exams. Lucky shit

Last edited:

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2010 subjects

• English
    Maths A
    Construction
    Welding
    Technology studies
    Japanese

I'm not going for an OP, hopefully getting an apprenticeship(sp?) in the construction area

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,
Just finishing up my Year 12 HSC in NSW in the next 12 days, and there are a few things I would like to say.

1. Best of luck to you all. Just give it your best and dont give up.
2. You're all unlucky boys and girls for the next 12 months. :D

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt
I hate school..........

My subjects right now include
  • English- Standard
  • Maths- General
  • Moern History- Dropping
  • Industrial Tech- Timber
  • Drama- Don't judge me, its gunna get me a band 6
  • Physics- fun!

aiming for the 85 mark for my 'ATAR'(stupid name, UAI had a ring to it)

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bugger, didn't read properly.

You guys have a whole year of belonging ahead of you! Have fun.

Last edited:

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In NSW doing HSC, getting ATA/UAI. Subjects:

• Standard English

• General Maths

• Ancient History

• Construction

• Geography

• SOR 1 Unit

Most are 2 Unit apart from SOR. Trying to convince mum to let me drop Geography and take up 2 unit SOR. Being hell slack about it though. Already got a 20% ass. for ancient. Torture!
Tom.

Last edited:

Lorday

Eats Squid
2. You're all unlucky boys and girls for the next 12 months. :D
Year 12 has so far been my best year of my life. Teachers become friends (minus the shitty crud catch faggot bombs), the parties are unreal and the majority of people really enjoy themself.

As much as you should get all the work done on time and put in a huge effort, HSC/ATAR's/OP's are not all they are not everything. If you want to do something in life, you will do it, a shit mark will not stop this! - Anything YOU set your mind to do YOU can do it.

To the guys with major works, get on top early, but I still reckon you won't - they will be left to the last minute, and sacrifices will need to be made then. It's all worth it though, the elation from finishing and handing in the project is ridicolas... seriously closest thing to your first time 'with a girl'...its so good. Words are inadequate. I know, I did two.
Also with major’s work - do something you are knowledgeable about, and something you love or have a passion for. This is makes you life easier.

You will get really close to some friends, and drift from others - make an effort to get out with others you don't hang out with, and be friendly to everyone. People will have breakdowns - like - collapse, hyperventilate, cry and general crazy shit (namely girls - actually - everyone who had an episode was XX!) - don't treat these like a joke - assure them, comfort them, don't leave there side…HSC to some, is too much pressure, its not the be all and end all of everything or anything!

Also get a job, in retail... you will enjoy a the broad spectrum of information, opinions and criticisms as well as, meet new people, and gain a very important thing - confidence in talking to strangers. It also acts a great 'escape' from the limitations and stereotypes people who've known you for a long time have placed on you... it gives you a chance to be yourself, and this will leak into your 'regular life' and you become an individual.
That ended off topic lets recap.

Anyway a summary... hook up, enjoy yourself, don’t rely on anybody; do it yourself, have no shame and don't regret anything!
Much <3 to all of you anyway!
EDIT: Why am I being mentioned so much in this thread?

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
NSW ATAR

Doing 13 units right now, but i'm going to drop a 2 unit course and take 11 units in. Most likely Geography

Not looking forward to Aboriginal Studies Major Project, Anyone else doing Aboriginal Studies? Just got the Project and it's huge.

Who's doing Pathways (HSC over 2 years) Seriously considered it, but i really just want to get school over with already.

• General Maths
  • Geography
  • Senior Science
  • Advanced English
  • Studies of Religion 1 unit
  • Business Studies
  • Aboriginal Studies

dom101

Likes Dirt
-maths a
-english B (harder one)
-biology
-art
-drama
-tech (metal 1/2, wood 1/2)

gonna be.....fabulous:rolleyes:

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I did 2 unit maths and extension 1 maths accelerated in year 11 so have HSC exams for them this Tuesday and Wednesday. But 3 units out of the way means this year I have only 8 units (altough pretty hard subjects IMO)
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Legal Studies
  • Advanced English

No major works so that's pretty good for me. Hoping for a UAI of around 95...

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it very common? many of your friends doing it?
None of my mates are doing it. Which means it going to be shit in 2011... Theres 3 people in year 11 at my school atm who are doing it. Not sure who they are though :eek:.

joshrides

Likes Dirt
I am for brissy and i am doing.
  • Math A
  • HPE
  • ITS
  • SOR
  • English

Not really hoping for a great OP have my career pretty much set.

As for schoolies, we are staying on a houseboat in the canals just behind surfers, already got it booked. 6 guys 3 girls. shall be sweeet and a few of my mates will be 18 so we dont have to worry about grog issues. :D:D:D

borrid-mtb

Likes Bikes
Im at Wagga and im doing:
- Advanced Maths
- Advanced English
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Modern History
- Design and technology

Its gona get busy :(