Year 12 2010!

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, I thought every one had already finished year 11.

Confirmed I'm doing Year 12 over 2 years :).

First Year:
  • Physics
  • Economics
  • HPE

2nd year can wait till the 2011 year 12 thread ;).

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hoping for an OP under 10 :rolleyes:

• Maths B
  • Physics
  • Maths C
  • English
  • Visual Arts (Failtacular)
  • Graphics

Should be a fun year!

In Victoria doing:
English
Literature
Maths Methods
Further Maths
Physics

With Psychology and a Certificate 3 in hospitality already completed.
Quitting work so i can manage the homework load with semi-professional soccer comittments, but everyone i've spoken too says its their best year of school so im not too stressed, apart from the English SAC first week back

The Maxinator

Likes Dirt
Got Biology and PDHPE over and done with this week, only have english and maths next week and im pretty much done for the year.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
Hoping for an OP under 10 :rolleyes:

• Maths B
  • Physics
  • Maths C
  • English
  • Visual Arts (Failtacular) Technology studies
  • Graphics

Should be a fun year!
doin the same but tech studies instead of visual arts. already done thoes subjects 4 yr 11. failed math c, only just tho :p. hoping to pass it next year.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
doin the same but tech studies instead of visual arts. already done thoes subjects 4 yr 11. failed math c, only just tho :p. hoping to pass it next year.
I was going to do Tech studies but they couldn't fill the class and i had done Art in year 10, such a waste of time :rolleyes:

addmin

Likes Dirt
ok......

my subjects are:

- Studies of Religion II
- Legal Studies
- Maths
- Software Design and Development
- Advanced English
- Ext I English
- Ext II English

so I have two major works... one for software design and one for exII English,......

ps: my downhill bike can be found in the trading area. :(...

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so I have two major works... one for software design and one for exII English,......
There's no Major Work for SDD. There is possibly a project that goes towards the internal assessment mark (up to the teacher to decide how big this project becomes), but not a major Work that is externally assessed.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, I thought every one had already finished year 11.

Confirmed I'm doing Year 12 over 2 years :).

First Year:
  • Physics
  • Economics
  • HPE

2nd year can wait till the 2011 year 12 thread ;).
Probably been mentioned before, but why spread it over two years? To me it sounds like a real good idea (More time for study, work & play? Be able to nail all the subjects?), and possibly consider it in the future!

Me;

• PE

That's it :eek: Give me something to concentrate a bit on next year with only subject really counting towards anything, hopefully i can nail it.

addmin

Likes Dirt
There's no Major Work for SDD. There is possibly a project that goes towards the internal assessment mark (up to the teacher to decide how big this project becomes), but not a major Work that is externally assessed.
yer its not strictly a major work.. but i call it one.... considering our teacher is a bastard and we have to do the whole package... documentation, marketing, research, etc etc etc

syko

Likes Dirt
Down in Vicco i will be doing

English
Physical Education
Art - Painting
Studio Art - Photography
Visual Communication and Design

The only bad thing is that all of my subjects bar English will be marked down, which means i have to get really good scores for everything to get a decent mark :(.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably been mentioned before, but why spread it over two years? To me it sounds like a real good idea (More time for study, work & play? Be able to nail all the subjects?), and possibly consider it in the future!
Yeah that's pretty much it.

Some people have called me stupid and saying I'm wasting a year of my life but the way I see it is that I can waste 1 year and spend the rest of my life doing something I love instead of mssing out on a uni course I want and getting a job that I hate and ending up wasting the rest of my life...

A stitch in time saves nine ;).

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought i'd post this question up here.

But does anyone know if there's a significant ENTER score difference between doing very well in general maths, and just passing methods in exams? Just wondering if i want to continue doing my methods this year (year 11), as it's getting tricker to juggle with Physics and Chemistry next to it.

Also, it's start of term two. How we all doing? My only year 12 subject this year has been PE, and really liking it so far, not even as hard as i'd first thought it'd be! So that's a plus, also helps that i've got interest in it, having an interest in a subject sure does help how hard you find it ay!

timedward

Likes Dirt
Thought i'd post this question up here.

But does anyone know if there's a significant ENTER score difference between doing very well in general maths, and just passing methods in exams? Just wondering if i want to continue doing my methods this year (year 11), as it's getting tricker to juggle with Physics and Chemistry next to it.

Also, it's start of term two. How we all doing? My only year 12 subject this year has been PE, and really liking it so far, not even as hard as i'd first thought it'd be! So that's a plus, also helps that i've got interest in it, having an interest in a subject sure does help how hard you find it ay!
I'd suggest keeping methods, it will compliment physics next year with regards to the mathematical side of the physics course alot. As to whether there would be a significant difference in doing well in Further or average in Methods depends on you, how capable you are at maths.To get above 38 raw or so in Further you pretty much need straight A's and A+'s.. and does get marked down 1 or 2. On the other hand doing methods and receiving average marks will get you around 30, and will be marked up 4-6 or so. I'd keep methods, more benefit for you, and further I found very tedious.Think about it over the course of the year.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd suggest keeping methods, it will compliment physics next year with regards to the mathematical side of the physics course alot. As to whether there would be a significant difference in doing well in Further or average in Methods depends on you, how capable you are at maths.To get above 38 raw or so in Further you pretty much need straight A's and A+'s.. and does get marked down 1 or 2. On the other hand doing methods and receiving average marks will get you around 30, and will be marked up 4-6 or so. I'd keep methods, more benefit for you, and further I found very tedious.Think about it over the course of the year.
Alright. Thanks for that mate! Helped a lot. I think i'll try and stick methods out until Mid-year at least and reevaluate from there, also, as i've no clue what i want to do after school, methods would keep my options open to more uni courses, but part of my plan as i don't know what i want to do, is to have as much fun at school as possible, whilst trying to keep a healthy enter!