Yellowmundee/Tuesday Night/2nd Dec

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Any takers for a couple of night laps around yellowmundee to get in some night practice for the 4hour on saturday arvo/night?
1 forward lap and 1 reverse lap.
Kick off at 7.45 meet in the carpark!

Farkers in so far:
BM Epic,mtbasn,JP,
Maybes timjwhite,moggio

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a pretty likely maybe.... why not two forward laps... one social and one race speed (except for mtbasn, because he will just get lonely way out ahead :) )?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I'm a pretty likely maybe.... why not two forward laps... one social and one race speed (except for mtbasn, because he will just get lonely way out ahead :) )?
I have talked alex into doing 1 backwards, climbing practice you see!
Once you do laps in reverse, the forward ones seem easier!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have talked alex into doing 1 backwards, climbing practice you see!
Once you do laps in reverse, the forward ones seem easier!
Makes a crazy sort of sense, but that's what this damn MTBing is all about.

I've just been doing quick, gut busting, hill climbing, road rides the last few days so walking up steps for me now is painful... so if I make it I will do my best... expect some foul language!!

mtbasn

Likes Bikes
Tuffen up your still alive right?
you can only get fitter :D

This will be sweat BM where am i meeting you?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
i'll be there in spirit

.... just as a boring old fart thing to say but, please refrain from going around the tracks 'the wrong way' part of the reason NSPWF let us build and ride there is that there is an established direction, helps prevent accidents and lets the errosion measures work (sort of)

/boringoldfart

timjwhite

Likes Bikes
I am going to try and make it (even put my lights on to charge this morning) - but it depends on timings at home.

I have JP's number so I will SMS if I am not going to make it.

You meet at the big dirt 'car park' right?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I am in as a definate... bike runs ok now too.

Will be picking Alex up on my way down, just need to contact him to verify and get address.

JP

Likes Dirt
i'll be there in spirit

.... just as a boring old fart thing to say but, please refrain from going around the tracks 'the wrong way' part of the reason NSPWF let us build and ride there is that there is an established direction, helps prevent accidents and lets the errosion measures work (sort of)

/boringoldfart
Are you sure you're not old enough for Ann Murray and good ol' Engelbert? :)

Valid advice methinks, just so we don't get on the wrong side of the kindly authorities unwittingly!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the ride... the second lap I did following Phil and Alex was good fun... they rode and had a friendly chat, like over a cup of tea, while I did my best to keep up and occasionaly grunted so they knew I was still there. Really put it into perspective the difference in fitness!!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
you blue mountains pussies better harden up, t bone is coming.
You are not gunna like the techy nature of the riding coming up here;), JP and his army of jade monkies are waiting(fly my pretties).
Hey Mog,
They are hard to keep up with, that's why i didn't bother with a second lap, didn't want to shame myself with a chunder:eek:
Geez that tracks nature changes when the sun goes down!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are hard to keep up with, that's why i didn't bother with a second lap, didn't want to shame myself with a chunder:eek:
Geez that tracks nature changes when the sun goes down!
They just kept chatting.... the buggers could have at least pretended to be slightly out of breath! :)

Damn!, just realised I can't find my battery pack off my bars... its in a small digital camera bag with velcro and contains 8 AA batteries. Wonder whether it fell out in the carpark at Yarramundee when packing up?

JP

Likes Dirt
I'll head down this arvo when Beth gets back and have a look (She has the kids seat in her car!).

JP

Likes Dirt
you blue mountains pussies better harden up, t bone is coming.
Goddamn it t bone. For the first time during a ride I admitted that I was indeed related to you. I suppose it's like AA meetings. The first step is to admit you have a problem...

Enough of the jibba jabba. You're entering a world of pain you crazy fool.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll head down this arvo when Beth gets back and have a look (She has the kids seat in her car!).
Thanks for the offer JP, I just realised I have to go to Penrith today at lunch so I will swing by there and have a look so no need to worry.

BTW my wife loved the "Evening ladies" story with the neo-nazis.

phillearned

Likes Dirt
I should read this watering hole thread more often, there is all these rides in it i miss out on,....
You were fine moggio. it was a fun lap!
If you want, next time i will puff and pant?