AM Yep, another rune...

moorey

call me Mia
Nice. Why both DHF? I tried it once, no more grip, rolling suffered...or it seemed so to me.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice. Why both DHF? I tried it once, no more grip, rolling suffered...or it seemed so to me.
Never run it before and wanted to give it a crack for shuttles at ignition. Also was curious to see how 2.6 went front and rear and that is all that maxxis offers in 2.6. If they release a 2.6 dhr2 i'll be all over it.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually there is the maxxis forkaster which i might try but first i'll give the dhf a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it turns out after the rear tyre stretched a little it rubs on the rear triangle. I am going to order a 2.6 maxxis rekon for the rear.

Anyone want a 2.6 DHF dual compound tyre for $40 ($75 new - two rides old)??? The clearance was so minimal that i tried to file some of the knobs down by a 1mm on the affected side and gave up. Will need some room for mud clearance.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
So it turns out after the rear tyre stretched a little it rubs on the rear triangle. I am going to order a 2.6 maxxis rekon for the rear.

Anyone want a 2.6 DHF dual compound tyre for $40 ($75 new - two rides old)??? The clearance was so minimal that i tried to file some of the knobs down by a 1mm on the affected side and gave up. Will need some room for mud clearance.
I'll take it for the front of the Povo.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not liking the Jade?
Nah i really like the jade, just a shock whore (i have it pretty bad) and want to try cane creeks offering. Plus gold ano will complete the russian edition rune. Will probably hold onto the jade for a few weeks to make sure i am happy with the cc and sell the one i like the least.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FWIW anybody trying to run wide tyres on these frames.

35mm internal 27.5" wheels with 2.6 DHF on the rear has clearance issues.

Same 35mm internal 27.5" wheels with a 2.6 rekon fits.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Nah i really like the jade, just a shock whore (i have it pretty bad) and want to try cane creeks offering. Plus gold ano will complete the russian edition rune. Will probably hold onto the jade for a few weeks to make sure i am happy with the cc and sell the one i like the least.
Is the Rune 216mm x 63mm? If I can hide the expense from my wife, I might be interested in your surpluss. Been thinking about trying a coil on the SB66

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is the Rune 216mm x 63mm? If I can hide the expense from my wife, I might be interested in your surpluss. Been thinking about trying a coil on the SB66
It sure is mate. Have some mounting hardware too, not sure what the sb66 uses. PM me to deal if you can sneak it past the wife.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

New shock arrived today and fitted some new pedals the other week too.

Helm and top tube took a beating at ignition when i managed to trow the bike at some rocks at uber slow speed. I got a black touch up pen for aluminium so i don't break down when i see the raw aluminium.

I hardly notice it now.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Digging the F20?

Been on a pair for the last 2.5 years and reckon they're the best pedals I've ever put my feet on.