AM Yep, another rune...

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Digging the F20?

Been on a pair for the last 2.5 years and reckon they're the best pedals I've ever put my feet on.
Bu far the best pedals i have used, although i just got a pair of 5-10's around the same time so not really a fair comparison.

But of a prick to install the pins though...

Saw your mmm bop for sale, you got new am rig happening?

teK--

Eats Squid
Lookin sweet!

Now fork and shock is matchy matchy ;)

Ever throw it on the scales? Must be tipping 15Kg by now?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Bu far the best pedals i have used, although i just got a pair of 5-10's around the same time so not really a fair comparison.

But of a prick to install the pins though...

Saw your mmm bop for sale, you got new am rig happening?
Oh man, putting the pins in... My hands were so sore afterwards!

MmmBop has a fair amount of interest, but waiting on the first buyer to get back to me about having a relative pick up for him. She's been replaced with a Pole Evolink 150. Got a PYR thread... Ya might have seen it. :)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
New shock arrived today and fitted some new pedals the other week too.

Helm and top tube took a beating at ignition when i managed to trow the bike at some rocks at uber slow speed. I got a black touch up pen for aluminium so i don't break down when i see the raw aluminium.

I hardly notice it now.

The good bit is that you don't have to worry about it getting scratched.

Ultimately the frame could possibly be re-anodized.
Digging the Silver Hubs - good choice!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Oh man, putting the pins in... My hands were so sore afterwards!

MmmBop has a fair amount of interest, but waiting on the first buyer to get back to me about having a relative pick up for him. She's been replaced with a Pole Evolink 150. Got a PYR thread... Ya might have seen it. :)
If the mmbop buyer paid via paypal, then it could be a scam - unless you know them. That "someone else is going to pick it up" is a classic eBay/paypal scam. just saying...

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
If the mmbop buyer paid via paypal, then it could be a scam - unless you know them. That "someone else is going to pick it up" is a classic eBay/paypal scam. just saying...
Ah, it's some dude who works in the rental fleet area at Thredbo.
Trying to get a hold of his Dad who still lives in Melb-town to come pick up and pay...

But if I smell anything shady I've got 3 others in line who are ready with ca$hola.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have not put it in the scales but it certainly is not light...

I actually inly got the silver hubs because they were out of stock of the blacks ones. Pretty stoked how they came up regardless.

Yeah, it is nice not worries about scratches now that it has been defiled...

I also fitted a poor mans eagle 11-50 sunrace cassette and goatlink 11.

So far very happy with this setup, shifting is fine and super granny gear is amazing. Although now i long for another bail out gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am a huge fan of a coil on the rune. What was surprising for me was how well it tracks when climbing rough single track, the rear tyre is glued to the track regardless of rocks, roots ect. Obviously the coil is super sensitive and supple and really eats up a lot of trail chatter. I really like to jump my bike (even if they are tiny hits with minimal consequence) and was worried i might loose some of the playfulness that an air shock provides but have been more than happy with it in that area over the last few years i have run the coil. I have run an dhx rc4, dvo jade and now the ccdb cs. Of the three of these coil shocks i found the dhx to be the most forgiving regarding the regressive nature of the the end of the stroke. It seems liked you could dial in bottom out resistance and run a much softer spring. When i changed from the rc4 to the jade i had some harsh bottom outs - although i was running a 450lb spring and the recommended for my weight was 550lb. I have retained this spring for the ccdb cs and not had any bottom out issues. Seems like aside from the rc4 it is really important you get the correct weight spring. I had read somewhere that the bladder on the jade helps with bottom out resistance but i did not find this to be the case nor do dvo advertise this.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Whilst the RC4 is not new, Fox really got it right, I've had no issue at all with bottom out.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A couple of changes to this rig because i have not been riding enough

Hope cranks
Hope direct mount chain ring
Hope bottom bracket
Industry 9 torch classic hubs. Nextie 38mm carbon hoops.

When the new wheels are built i will sell the tech 35w on there at the moment

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
A couple of changes to this rig because i have not been riding enough

Hope cranks
Hope direct mount chain ring
Hope bottom bracket
Industry 9 torch classic hubs. Nextie 38mm carbon hoops.

When the new wheels are built i will sell the tech 35w on there at the moment

Love the torch freehub. I’m running it on a project 321 hub and it’s a piece of art