Yep. These'll do just fine.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Should probably put a thread up here for my steeds.

In the beginning there was an 05 SC Heckler. Cool bike, still have it and will rebuild it soon but that's another bike story.

I needed something newer and more angry and more capable of saving my arse. That's where Facebook stepped in with a nice enduro frame.

2014 Mondraker Dune XR. Had a few changes since I built it but the current spec I'm damn happy with. XT 1x11 group, Manitou Mattoc Pro forks (underrated hugely), Fox float X and now some RF Turbine R wheels. Some other nice bits there too.

Goes good. Also has the added ability to save me, most of the time. I'm still capable of a decent spill on it.

Mmmm green. It's had a few changes since these pics, donating its wheels to the other bike....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
And then kool aid was drunk.

And I bought a spitty. But mines cooler than Mooreys for reasons.

Was on FB for a couple of weeks and was a reasonable price. I was after a trail bike that was a bit more friendly for when I'm forced to ride uphill and this fit the bill nicely. Well the frame and fork did, the GX eagle group, guide RS brakes, CCDB and carbon bars didn't do much for me. Fortunately I had a new XT group and some other bits lying about from a failed build of a Mondy Dune frame that turned up damaged.

So here's the spitty as it currently sits. Just waiting on some gold decals from slik to make it full Russian Mafia spec. Again full XT 1 x 11, Nukeproof horizon wheelset (still love the colour of the hubs) donated by the mondy, 150mm pikes and a monarch RC3 out back with some stealth decals. And those RF Atlas bars in Kash Money Gold.

Should go good.

There's also the Heckler hiding in the garage along with my 97 Raceline Comp.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nice rigs. Always like the green, and the black and gold is a nice combo!

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Black dropper shaft needed for moar stealth...
My shaft is black.
Nice rigs. Always like the green, and the black and gold is a nice combo!
Cheers. Should look decent I hope, although the black on black is growing on me....
How can you tell the difference between the spitfire year models?
Not sure, except for the '17 which went to fancy pants tubing

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Can't leave the retro beast out of this.

1997 Raceline Comp, Marzocchi Z2 superfly forks, XT M737 group, XT hubs to Mavic X221 sunburst rims and Avid Arch Rival 50 brakes.

I have some other fancy bits here for it too that I'll eventually get around to putting on it, including the Spinergy xRoks wheels and some Ritchey Logic cranks.

It's bloody light and agile AF. Plus it looks awesome. I have a 96 Raceline Enduro frame here too and heaps more old XT bits. Yes I'm a Raceline fiend.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
And more bling, gold decals from Slik.

Not all that impressed, they don't seem to stick well but may get better if left for a bit. The headtube decal is way off the original too.

Apart from that, and after some initial regrets when the first one went on, I'm pretty happy with the look.