Yet another which bike thread...

zeroRIDER

Likes Dirt
hey guys

i know theres about a million and one which bike threads out there but none really had what i was looking for.
i am thinking of going bmx after my mountain bike got stolen from school and im planning on hopefully spending insurance money to get the bike.

so far ive had a good look at a wide range of bmx 09 and 08s but want some advice on which bikes feel better than others from experience.

the bikes i have been mainly looking at are the Fit; TRL 1 & 2, the WTP; Reason, Addict and Trust

if anyone has ridden any of these bikes please tell me how they were or if anyone else has any other ones worth considering please comment.

Thanks
Lachy

nick_bmx_pd72

Likes Dirt
i wouldnt go the fit trl 1 its got looseball front hub and not full chromoly frame and the wtp are pretty good quality bikes

nick_bmx_pd72

Likes Dirt
yehh the apex is a little to much for me
how much is the envy? im guessing its alot
yeah i think the envy is more than the apex haha if you dont go with any of those bikes get a kink they are really good for the price. Also look for like full chromoly frame sealed hubs and bottom bracket etc..:)

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
save up and spend a bit more cause i can guarantee you , you will start upgrading parts and it will cost you more eventually.

look at fits, kink apex or wtp envy for sure

zeroRIDER

Likes Dirt
yeah well it all depends on how much i get from the insurance company. i am looking at getting about 1000-1600 but it depends if we decide to pay the excess. if i do get that amount of insurance i will probably go the envy

Azerin

Likes Dirt
The WTP envy is $799.99 american from danscomp, but with shipping and all that it comes out to be $1046.99 american, which is $1572.76 australian.......which is a lot lol. if you decide to go the Fit TRL go for the Fit TRL signature, its more expensive but really nice, looks orgasmic as well.
http://www.danscomp.com/101974.php?cat=BIKES

Nick*B

Likes Bikes
I have a Fit TRL2. It is one of the best bmx's I have ever owned. It feels really smooth and great in the air, and all the components are working well. Nothing has stuffed up on this bike so far and i am a pretty hack rider. The only thing that i have changed on it is the bars because they were too small and of course the pedals. But yer its a great bike. Hope that helps you:)

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yehh i like the look of the TRL series
whattabout the eastern element, jane or aesino?
i would steer clear of easterns, but the wtp trust is a really nice bike for the price, i was riding one today. Fits are also nice as completes (not the trl 1) but yeah as my mate nick said just make sure all the bearings are sealed (unsealed sucks) and you should end up with a nice bike. envy would be the best choice if you can get the money.

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sure the envy wouldnt be 1500 if you bought it from a shop in australia. i would have though 1200-1300 max

zeroRIDER

Likes Dirt
alright cheers.
well it looks like im getting atleast 1000 from the insurance company, stupid excess fee, so if i get enough ill definatly get the envy followed by one of the fit sigs.

Azerin

Likes Dirt
im just going from the prices on danscomp, i dont what ti would be like buying her in aus. the fit TRL signature is your best bet if you cant get the envy, and it loos the sex

zeroRIDER

Likes Dirt
okk yehh well it depends where i get insurance money and whether that bike shop stocks the different bikes
but yeh ill go the envy or TRL sig

Azerin

Likes Dirt
im just going from the prices on danscomp, i dont what ti would be like buying her in aus. the fit TRL signature is your best bet if you cant get the envy, and it loos the sex
my god i must have been drunk when i wrote that, there are SO many spelling errors and missing words lol.

anyway, yeah it sounds like its cheaper to buy it in store, so if you get enough gor for it (the WTP envy) since its clearly the best stock bike around.