Yeti SB-66

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChopSticks

Banned
BB for the missus Trance,
11-36 XT cassette
X0 Black Shifter
and washing tools......just waiting for the chain now !

ChopSticks

Banned
Due to the poor weather, I decided to stay home and do a complete strip and rebuild, and put the new brushes to use with a thorough clean.

With the larger 10 speed 11-36T cassette I decided to go single chain ring up front, and drop the front shifter/cable, but I've kept the front mech locked out in the middle to act as a temporary chain guide (until I can afford a cSixx XC guide)

moorey

call me Mia
Mate recently demo'd one for a week. Hasn't flatted in years, flatted like 6 times in about 60kms. Not blaming the bike, but what the actual fuck?
Bike looks stormin' Norman. Me wantee.

ChopSticks

Banned
Mate recently demo'd one for a week. Hasn't flatted in years, flatted like 6 times in about 60kms. Not blaming the bike, but what the actual fuck?
Bike looks stormin' Norman. Me wantee.
how did you find the bike?
I did that too Craig ! I went through 3 tubes in the 2 days I had it... WTF !!!! guess it reminded me why I run tubeless !
feel free to take it for a fang if you ever come up over the border :p

I think in the business they call that huck to flat ;)
Norm are you on instagram?
hehehehe cant believe I bottomed out like that and pinched a hole in my tyre! :(
(just made an order on a more robust version of the racing ralph so hopefully it will hold up better once it arrives and is set up tubelessly)

nooop, dont have us instagayram...should I ?

moorey

call me Mia
He talked about nothing else for 12 months, but it's now it's one of 3 or 4 he's considering.
He loved it, but wasn't AS in love with it as he hoped.
I blame the crap tyres it had as much as anything else, they were close to bald.
Ive wanted a yeti for 15 years....Dh back in the day....and an sb66 would definitely be in my shed if I won the lottery.

moorey

call me Mia
Btw, that's no reflection on the yeti. He's a fussy fuck who doesn't know what's good for him. Isn't that right, Arthur!! I know you'll be reading this. :tape:

ChopSticks

Banned
He talked about nothing else for 12 months, but it's now it's one of 3 or 4 he's considering.
He loved it, but wasn't AS in love with it as he hoped.
I blame the crap tyres it had as much as anything else, they were close to bald.
Ive wanted a yeti for 15 years....Dh back in the day....and an sb66 would definitely be in my shed if I won the lottery.
Funny you say that... All my mates had a go at the demo SB I had at Stromlo... And every one of them said it was fucking shit, and didn't understand the hype of a bike they called 'wooden'. Enough to make me have second thoughts.....

But I listened to my heart, drooled over them ever since they first came out, sold my kidney and left testicle and every spare part I had no use for and bought the SB, transplanted all my x0, xtr parts (ESP wheelset) over and it completely transformed the bike!!!

Just goes to show.... Even having a ride on a demo bike is NOT a clear indication of how the bike will feel

Status
Not open for further replies.