Yeti SB6c Rear Shock

kosz888

Likes Dirt
Hi SB6 riders,

Tell me what rear shock you have and why you love it. ... or hate it.
I'm looking to upgrade to either a CCDB Inline coil or DVO Topaz.
I've been told coil is the way to go though would look at a good air shock for weight saving.
I ride all different styles of trails on this bike, anything from smooth single track to rough and rocky stuff to light dh tracks with descent size jumps etc.
I also may do the occasional Enduro race with mates.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
When I had mine, I went from the standard Fox Factory Float X, to an Float X with Evol sleeve, then to a CCDB iL Coil.

The coil was by far my preferred shock. The extra weight of a coil over air is not to everyone's taste, but the feedback, feel and grip far outweighed the weight gain (probably about 400grms).

The only thing you might find with the coil on a Yeti, the leverage curve is pretty linear with the switch infinity linkage, and as a result is theoretically better suited to an air shock. I regularly used all the travel of the coil, but some fine tuning with the high and low speed circuits makes a huge difference. The CC climb switch is also a very handy addition for general trail riding.

I now have a CCDB iL Coil on my Canyon, but have added the OPT bar mounted climb switch. I absolutely love it.

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put a Fox Float X2 on mine. In my opinion there is no better shock for and SB6. The adjustability is amazing and can be tuned to do whatever you want whether your climbing or ploughing your way down a rough track. The only other shock I would think about swapping an X2 for would be a Push Elleven-six although as someone said above being a coil is could make an already linear suspension flatform even more so and the price is very high as well. The Cane Creek inline seems like a good choice as well especially for the money!

kosz888

Likes Dirt
I did try a CCDB air CS though it felt like it was blowing through the travel, I had installed large volume spacers and played around with the settings though couldn't get it to work the way i wanted. I never had seen another local SB6 owner with the same rear shock, made we wonder if no one else was running it might mean its not the best shock for that frame..mmmm????
I have sold it and gone back to the standard shock which at least feels more supportive though lacks in other areas.