You know you're getting old when ...

moorey

call me Mia
Getting a gun for your birthday in the same year you started school, gun licences did not exist. Parents took responsibility for raising their own kids. Bike helmets were not the norm, you would be called a spaso and have no friends if you wore one. 12 or 13 years old I took an old shotgun to workshop class and restored it back to usable. Try that one these days
And you user name is 'safe-freak', yeah? One to many 12 guage recoils to the head maybe?
MERIKA!!!

safreek

And you user name is 'safe-freak', yeah? One to many 12 guage recoils to the head maybe?
MERIKA!!!
Dunno pal, you want examples of " you know your old when" then go on to have a go at me. Here is another " you know your getting old when" you could not be bothered arguing with fools who obviously get many recoil slaps to the head at school. I guess there are those that don't realise it was pretty much a normal thing.

Specialized29er

Likes Bikes
When at 53 your out Mountain Biking and while racing down a steep gully the bike somersaults and I go flying over the handle bar and ouch, 2 broken ribs and a very, very sore tailbone. Now 3 months latter I'm all better and taking it much easier and walk the new tracks before I start riding them at speed.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
When wounds that took a couple days to heal now take months :Cry: ... Not to rub it in Spez29er :drum:

BOT
when you start enjoying climbing again ... And focus on fitness, initially with the view of enjoying the descending, but then getting all obsessed with diet and suddenly become a roadie ... WTF ... Not me yet, but I can and have seen it happen. :shocked:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
When your wife asks you....(while she's laughing at you)...

"....so where is the next interesting place you will be sprouting new hair from...??"

....and you answer,

"....not from my fucking head, that's for sure..."

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When wounds that took a couple days to heal now take months :Cry: ... Not to rub it in Spez29er :drum:

BOT
when you start enjoying climbing again ... And focus on fitness, initially with the view of enjoying the descending, but then getting all obsessed with diet and suddenly become a roadie ... WTF ... Not me yet, but I can and have seen it happen. :shocked:
That sounds familiar :). I'm not that obsessed with diet and I will never shave my legs

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
still refer to double unbroken road lines as double yellows. how many decades since they painted over them in white?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
When it's only 7pm and you're shaking the fist at the new neighbours over the road (Anglicare transitional housing) because they've just spent the last hour beeping car horns constantly, slamming house and car doors, and swearing at the top of their voices over swapping car places in the driveway.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt

BOT

Not obsessed with diet anymore but definitely have become obsessed with road riding .

scblack

Leucocholic
That sounds familiar :). I'm not that obsessed with diet and I will never shave my legs
I could end up all shaved, if I find the right beautician. But considering I never speak to or visit beauticians, I don't know how that will happen.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
^Sony is apparently pressing vinyl again ... So the Tellie tells me.

YKYGOW ... You aren't up to date on the latest tech ... Except where you need to be ... I just have no idea about cranks, BBs, chain ring types ... I have no idea where GXP sits in the Hierarchy. I've lost complete knowledge of Fox and Rockshox forks and rear shocks ... Not that I'm not interested, but I just couldn't be arsed.

moorey

call me Mia
When you've been chainsawing for an hour before realizing you're not wearing your earmuffs....and then put them on and struggle to notice any difference.