You know you're getting old when ...

workmx

Banned
Really? I used to pretend to want to watch as a kid (to get out of church, lol). It was Brockock/Moffatt then, then Brock/johnson. I haven't watched in nearly 30 years, but surely it's more open now than then?
Was thinking two horse (car manufacturer) not rider (driver) race.

Haven't watched since 1992.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
When you have a dictionary and a thesaurus next to the PC , as you can't be arsed downloading the latest version of spellcheck for windows.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you remember parramatta eels winning the premiership.
was watching classic grand finals last night from 81, amazing how much the game has changed since then. inside the 5, differential penalties, contested scrums. what happened to that game?

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
you remember parramatta eels winning the premiership.
was watching classic grand finals last night from 81, amazing how much the game has changed since then. inside the 5, differential penalties, contested scrums. what happened to that game?
Bring back contested scrums or get rid of them all together I reckon and make only the forwards participate in the scrums not backs.

dunndog

Eats Squid
When you find the climbing and rolling characteristics of a 29er appealing, and find the sacrifices in handling and playfulness acceptable, despite thinking they look shithouse and are not a fan of them at all.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Your favourite cartoon was Prince Planet.

You entered Yo-yo competitions at major dept sores in front of big crowds.

You raced skateboards in dept. store organised events racing down inner city car parks.

You would play footy in the street from 9am to dinner time going in for lunch. Jumpers on the road for goals and stopping only to let the cars through by calling out "car".

My Grade 1 teacher wore skimpy short short hot pants with matching top and knee high boots and so did most of the other female teachers. And it was the norm.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
My Grade 1 teacher wore skimpy short short hot pants with matching top and knee high boots and so did most of the other female teachers. And it was the norm.
I missed the short shorts + boots thing ... but the boots are in full swing in the school where my kids are and I cringe at some of the teachers that I see wearing these ... I guess I'm just old

My 1st grade teacher looked like this

Nana-Mouskouri-Quand-Tu-Chantes.jpg

and strangely I still think Nana Mouskouri look-a-likes are hot.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You raced skateboards in dept. store organised events racing down inner city car parks.

You would play footy in the street from 9am to dinner time going in for lunch. Jumpers on the road for goals and stopping only to let the cars through by calling out "car".
was two milk crates for cricket on my street.
do kids make bb carts anymore?

Your favourite cartoon was Prince Planet.

You entered Yo-yo competitions at major dept sores in front of big crowds.

Were you in my class?????????

Norco Maniac

Is back!
When you cried because Bambi's mother died.

You remember watching My Favourite Martian in B&W.

Pan toilets.

Bakelite light switches.

The Christmas everyone got Dragster bikes and you were in primary school.

Space Invaders was an arcade game at the fish & chip shop across the road from your school in year 7.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
When you cried because Bambi's mother died.

You remember watching My Favourite Martian in B&W.

Pan toilets.

Bakelite light switches.

The Christmas everyone got Dragster bikes and you were in primary school.

Space Invaders was an arcade game at the fish & chip shop across the road from your school in year 7.
When Bambi's mother died I went to the loo so if I cried no one saw me so it didn't happen.
Yes to My Favourite Martian - Channel 2
Yes to pan toilets but only for the parents
I remember the switches but at relatives house as ours was built in the 50s
Re the dragster I was given the Malvern Star Flying Wedge
Our space invaders and other games such as money machines (yes kids could gamble) etc were in the espresso bar
The fish and chips was run by Mr Chan at Chan's Fish and Chip. your pricing is pretty spot on, I think we paid a bit more due to cost of living being higher in Melb, 3 potato cakes for 8c :wink-new: