You know you're getting old when ...

binner

Hath shat hymself
growing up in the 70's

..when you talk to old mates or people of yr age about 1/2 cent lollies, 20c pinball, tin soft drink cans, BEX powder aspirin, tarino orange soft drink. Your Dads awesome vinyl padded brown bar with the bull fighter on the front and the dunking bird. Almost dozed off in your bed and then hearing your Dad ringing his bar bell to his mates for last drinks in the down stairs pub/garage.

ahhhh memories.......

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
-Music can be too loud
-Have no control over when and where you fart
-It's too bloody cold all the time and the sun feels like it's melting your skin off
-Everytime you pick up something to read, you have to move it in and out repeatedly
-Stuff you use to hit without thinking while riding, all of a sudden look dangerous, scary and un-makable
-You can come to a complete stop while riding and just fall over
-Grey pubic hair
-Your little ones often say "Hurry up da da"

And just for the record for those that know me-----None of this stuff is happening to me----:)

jett_e

Likes Bikes
Signing up to play in the local football clubs Over 35's division after 15 years playing All Age where general training banter has gone from talking about big nights planned/ had and chasing skirt too heart attacks, cholesterol levels and ex wives trying to access Super funds.

And being one of the fittest and fastest players in the team when I'm genuinely the most unfit and slowest I have ever felt in my playing career.

Slowman

Likes Dirt
E-moths hahaha ill be using that
that's already too old, iMoth if you going to have a chance of the kids understanding that joke.

Nishida Toshiyuki (Pigsy) is still on TV in Japan. He's always on the New Year's Eve TV special.

When you know who Shintaro is.

When you find the climbing and rolling characteristics of a 29er appealing, and find the sacrifices in handling and playfulness acceptable, despite thinking they look shithouse and are not a fan of them at all.
I actually like the look of mine a lot!

I missed the short shorts + boots thing ... but the boots are in full swing in the school where my kids are and I cringe at some of the teachers that I see wearing these ... I guess I'm just old

My 1st grade teacher looked like this

View attachment 257978

and strangely I still think Nana Mouskouri look-a-likes are hot.
You didn't go to Laguna Street? We had a teacher that looked like that...I thought she was very sexy, she used to wear such short skirts too when she reached up high to write on the blackboard bets would be settled on what colour undies she was wearing that day! The sad thing is she had very small eyes but her thick glasses made them look big and beautiful, I saw her take them off one day - fantasy completely ruined. Now today that wouldn't bother me!

Anyone remember what a florin is?

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
When you get into a lift and you recognise the lady's perfume as 4711 that your mum wore in the mid 70s :embarassed:

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
Yeah, G-Force and Star Blazers were good, but Monkey was the best.

Have the entire show on DVD.

Nishida Toshiyuki (Pigsy) is still on TV in Japan. He's always on the New Year's Eve TV special.

Why thankyou. I do my best...

Ahh Pigsy - trusted friend

^^^This and Fraggle Rock - awesome show that even my two year younger wife doesnt remember...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Catweazel for the win, monkey was a close 3rd behind the Goodies :third:
Just had a weird bloke start at work, dead ringer for Catweazel. Trouble is everyone else here is under 30 and can't understand why I keel over laughing every time I see him.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

EXSSVE

Likes Dirt
...When you can remember Swing-bikes, Horlicks, that vibrating machine with the big rubber band Mum put around her hip's to shed pound's (damn you K-Tel), Action Man had real hair and Kung-Fu grip was standard on GI Joe.

Now find myself saying 'GET OFF MY LAWN!!', 'Turn that crap down' and 'Who's taken the newspaper out of the toilet!!'

mb63

Likes Bikes
Told my kids about the Wombles - kinda hard to describe a family of friendly rat looking creatures in clothes that recycled everything without sounding like a washed up hippy, hard to get that song out of my head now.
Overground underground wombling free.............................and dont get me started on Captain frickin Pugwash - theres no explaining him or the Banana Splits without a full credibility loss

dunndog

Eats Squid
Told my kids about the Wombles - kinda hard to describe a family of friendly rat looking creatures in clothes that recycled everything without sounding like a washed up hippy, hard to get that song out of my head now.
Overground underground wombling free.............................and dont get me started on Captain frickin Pugwash - theres no explaining him or the Banana Splits without a full credibility loss
Haha! Was singing the theme song for HR PUFFnSTUFF today.. Man what a brand of acid that shit was!