You shall not CUT !!!!!!

Forgive me Moorey, for I am about to sin.

I have acquired a used Trek Domane 5.2 with the integrated seat post.

I want to cut it by 20mm, it says don't cut, Trek says don't cut.

Why cant I cut it? Other brands have carbon ISP and they can be cut. I'm not talking about cutting below the minimum insertion point, just 20mm of a 100mm seat mast.

Alternatively I could use a Ritchey alloy seat mast cap, of course Trek say access denied. Any dramas with using an alloy seat mast cap on a carbon seat mast (torqued to 5nm) ?

Thoughts please.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've cut carbon bars and seat posts shorter than recommended without issue, but not trek. issue might be that the weave/wall thickness changes above the cut point.
I've often wondered what would happen if i opened a box of arnotts shapes from the end that says 'open other end'. Cut, don't cut, open other end.... is it part of a big picture control the masses project?

Last edited:
Thanks fellas,

If I use a smaller seat mast cap I can reduce the ride height by 40mm without cutting. From using an online calculator I'm coming up with needing a reduction of 50-60mm, I guess I'll be able to live with the 40mm.

moorey

call me Mia
They change the recipe. Some Ahole fucked it up for all of us!
I was so aginnit...but went back to a box of original after a couple of the new ones. Something wasn't right, tasted like pure salt. Not sure if they changed the original recipe again...but one of the lives of my life seems foreign to me now. :pout:

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was so aginnit...but went back to a box of original after a couple of the new ones. Something wasn't right, tasted like pure salt. Not sure if they changed the original recipe again...but one of the lives of my life seems foreign to me now. :pout:
Hai, original have also been changed. They gone forked up.

Minlak

custom titis
That's ok BBQ Shapes are not vegan anyway.....:spy:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thank Christ for Savoury Shapes....

safreek

I've often wondered what would happen if i opened a box of arnotts shapes from the end that says 'open other end'. Cut, don't cut, open other end.... is it part of a big picture control the masses project?
as they now taste like shit I guess eating them from the bottom would be the right thing to do :drum: