You Yangs MTB Park

moorey

call me Mia
I was there on the Sunday and saw one of the Air Ambulance Bell 412's cruising slowly around NW of the park. Not sure why. I Could ask a few Paramedic mates who work at Essendon Airport with the Police also if they were doing some training or exercises there
Saw it too...but then, most times I have been to the Youies on a busy day, there has been an air ambo required. :behindsofa:

BTW, was my first day there in about 3 months. Love the new work on Rockwell and the tabletop at the bottom. Took a few mates who hadn't been there much (or at all), and they were in awe of the work you guys put in there. Tracks were in spectacular condition, with only one puddle on cressy thar was easily avoided.
Keep it up, guys. The place blows me away every time.:rofl:

Last edited:

whale

Likes Bikes
They were doing training thingies with rope and buckles .

There was a four wheeled ambo picking up an unfortunate lass who stacked in Kurrajong tk 16 though

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Saw it too...but then, most times I have been to the Youies on a busy day, there has been an air ambo required. :behindsofa:

BTW, was my first day there in about 3 months. Love the new work on Rockwell and the tabletop at the bottom. Took a few mates who hadn't been there much (or at all), and they were in awe of the work you guys put in there. Tracks were in spectacular condition, with only one puddle on cressy thar was easily avoided.
Keep it up, guys. The place blows me away every time.:rofl:
Hey mate, next time you see a puddle out there please ride through it not around, this is how the trails end up 10 feet wide, not a personal dig at you just an oportunity to let everyone know.
Cheers dave.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Confirmed with a mate who is a flight paramedic that air ambulance have been training out there all this week. They have 3 choppers to choose from: 1 blue police dauphin, 1 red ambulance dauphin and a red Bell helicopter

moorey

call me Mia
Hey mate, next time you see a puddle out there please ride through it not around, this is how the trails end up 10 feet wide, not a personal dig at you just an oportunity to let everyone know.
Cheers dave.
Sorry, to clarify, the puddle was 6" wide on the side of a 2' wide established track, not going out and around. Riding through it, in this case would have caused a pothole to develop. But yes, your point is correct. Cheers mate.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You Yangs MTB Facebook Page said:
MTB trail closures.

Due to the excessive rain we have had parks Vic have decided to close all trails at the you yangs until re assessment on Sunday so please respect and stay away until further notice.
Time to get the rd bike out.

Park is now closed folks.