You Yangs MTB Park

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Hey guys just letting you know that on Saturday and Sunday we will still be working on the DH track at th You Yangs, the track will remain open but just be aware of where we are as we will have machinery on track.
You can ride the new sections we have done including the step up but just after that to the rock drop will be closed.........cheers.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
We got heaps done at the Youies today, some new burms, rock garden and a massive gap which i dont think i will attempt yet, atleast till i see someone do it. We will be back out there tomorrow(Sunday) doing some more work and the track is still open to the new step up, your more then welcome to come check out what we have done but just be aware of the machinery running around................cheers

Also thanks to the people who helped out today, it certainly made our day easier.....:)

ned the rider

Likes Dirt
the tracks looking awesome went there today i was the guy on the norco atomik you guys are doing an awesome job that step up is fun

Jim21

Squid
went there today, was awsome. didnt feel up to riding the new bandages run today, first time ever on anything DH. ran travs and the other run(forgot the name)
had heaps of fun, was on a hardtail manik, other mates on ran bandages and said it was good fun and that the steupup was insane:)

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
This week the You Yangs track Bandages or Glory will be closed after the step up untill we get some rain up there, i will let you know when its sweet to go smash the new burms and jumps untill then you will have to walk through the bunnted off section............cheers

jamez8

Cannon Fodder
mate love ur work. that track is in sane, cant wait 2 get gears and a front brake and go 4 broke. keep up the sweet work.

Jim21

Squid
ey jim you still thinkin about the shuttle day? i know i am. beats walking up the hills all day ha.
we still hittin it up sunday? i reckon we leave earlyier and hit the DJ's at ponds after

Last edited:

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Hey guys went out to the Youies and tried the new gap jump (just cased it) , we had heaps of rain out there so all the burms and jumps are now ok to ride so in other words the track is now fully open again, just be weiry of the new gap jump if you go to slow you will hurt yourself just have a look first.

Apollo Bay ride day has been cancelled due to weather

Last edited:

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got any footage of the gap? pics or vids? Where abouts is it on the run?

bring on next weekend's shuttle day.. I can't wait!!

notso

Likes Dirt
Was down there yesterday, the gap is just past the old step up, which is now twice as big but half as hard. The new berm section after that is off the charts good. It's all still pretty soft but should bed down well over the next couple of weeks.
Great work guys on making a great track that much better. The Nats there will be great to watch.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
was out there a bit today, i never realy ride borg, but had a few runs today, the new additions are the goods.

soem solid berms, and the gap jump of the track is pretty cool.

the new step up is well... huge and very scary looking, didtn actualy hit it, but next time i will seen a few people hit it quite nicly!

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Ride Day

Hey guys just a reminder for this Sundays ride day, no need to bring food or drinks it is supplied and also if you think you wont be coming or know for sure you wont could you please PM me and let me know as i have more people who are interested in coming ....................cheers

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Youies is best in the rain, soooo much grip surprisingly ;)

completly agreed, my best and fastest rides have been in the rain.

the dirt/sand/gravely soil drains so well, and gets so tacky with a bit of moisture.... the rocks and boulders on the other hand.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Hey guys motor and i went out the Youies today to just see how its holding up and some fuck head has been riding straight through and over the burms where the new gap is, all i want to say is if you cant ride a double black diamond tack the way you are ment too, dont ride it(prob xc guys). If it keeps happening we will have to make some changes that im sure no one will like eg rocks on the case pad of the landing, sorry swannies!!

trav

Likes Dirt
Fark me what is it with riders that cant follow a track it is pretty defined, berms are for riding through not over or for walking over top of as you push your bike back up,which by the way you should'nt be doing either.

Over the last three week ends including the long one Dave and myself alone have put in over 75 hours of work into the track changes, it is very frustrating when this sort of shit goes on, there is no excuse for it other than a lack of respect for the trails and park by arseholes.

The jumps and berms are all still fresh so there not fully packed and hardend ,so insted of closing them off till they do go off we pack them as much as we can so you can still ride,they generally harden up with wheels through them. But if this shit keeps going on the whole track will be closed till complete .