You Yangs MTB Park

dunndog

Eats Squid
Changes??

Just a quick one, was out there last week and noticed an excavator working in a strange area where the bottom of bandages meets the access road.. any tips as to what's being done up the bank there? Is it to do with the work being done on bandages or changing the end of 10? Rockin up there guys, top work!!

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Just a quick one, was out there last week and noticed an excavator working in a strange area where the bottom of bandages meets the access road.. any tips as to what's being done up the bank there? Is it to do with the work being done on bandages or changing the end of 10? Rockin up there guys, top work!!
Yeah mate we are redirecting track 7 and 10 so they do not cross track 12

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do 7 and 10 cross 12? 7 is Trav's Diamond and 10 is GMBC right?

Trav's crosses GMBC at the top and meets up with itwhen you leave the trees at the bottom, and GMBC and Bandages share the same start, but they don't really cross Bandages do they?

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh and when are you guys planning on building Techno Drop? I've been keen to come out for a build day for a while, but haven't had a chance... that sounds like a fun one to be part of.

dunndog

Eats Squid
How do 7 and 10 cross 12? 7 is Trav's Diamond and 10 is GMBC right?

Trav's crosses GMBC at the top and meets up with itwhen you leave the trees at the bottom, and GMBC and Bandages share the same start, but they don't really cross Bandages do they?
7 intersects with 10 at 90 degrees at the very bottom, have had the odd close shave down there but generally not bad, although it only takes 1 incident with the wrong crew i guess.. have had people from time to time standing around right in the middle of that section too, all in all you have 2 trails and a meeting place all fused into 1 area. Also been flat out at work of late but am keen to come lend some sweat to help you guys, when's the next work days scheduled?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Oh, forgot the last bit.. looks as though a new section of 12 right at the end?!? not sure but that may be converging there too.. dunno, it's hard to keep up with these guys' refinements, they work bloody heaps!!

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
interesting, i heard somewhere that you guys are extending the track some 500 metres for the up coming nationals. can this be confermed or not.

mabey a jump up to the right near the fire trail put a berm and then that drop that's there. just an idea might not be ideal though. :)

trav

Likes Dirt
Track #7 is getting extended so that it does not cross the extension of track #12 ,that is a high speed crossing. Track #7 will be on the high side of track #12.Track #10 GMBC will be re directed before the wall ride and join onto track #12 with some sort of bridge or concrete pipe over the new part of track #7.Sounds a bit confusing but all will take shape in the next few months.

You will also notice that the pallet drop and the jumps at the bottom of track #10 have been demolished ,this is all to do with these upgrades.Once all complete there will be NO through acsess over track #12.

Techno drop will still be some time off with the current works and the need for other trails to be brought up to scratch . Wynterplace if your keen to help out I'm out there every week end mate your more than welcome as is everyone that uses the park.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Also just to let you guys know we are doing some work this sunday and both days next week if anyone is keen on coming up and lending a hand, this week work will be on track #7 and next week it will be track #12, we are getting close to the nationals so we need to get this shit done.................cheers

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
so whats the go sunday? i am contemplating, depending on what else i do, lending a hand.

hate to sound very rude, but i dont really want to start helping, and be locked into helping all day if that makes any sense?

are you all well with people helping for an hour, riding for an hour, helping, then riding, etc..

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
so whats the go sunday? i am contemplating, depending on what else i do, lending a hand.

hate to sound very rude, but i dont really want to start helping, and be locked into helping all day if that makes any sense?

are you all well with people helping for an hour, riding for an hour, helping, then riding, etc..
Dude you can do what you please, we dont run no slave farm, i would happy if people only helped for half that. Anyway thanks for being honest Sawtell.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'll be around up there tomorrow pm, any work going on then? Be glad to help if there is.. if not sunday's out but will help the following weekend for a while?!?

LIAM?!

Banned
Going up sunday, not sure if we can lend a hand as we dont make it up very often, couple times a year, but im sure an hour or so wont hurt...