You Yangs MTB Park

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hey brown dog if you're the person responsible for building the tracks out at you yangs, all i can say is thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had my first ride at you yangs on Saturday the 16th and I can honestly say I've never ridden any other track that is anywhere near as fun as the ones you've built.
The berms are totally off the chain and I'm not sure what track its on, but theres a big berm made out of wood and its almost vertical and it was awesomely incredibly I want to marry you.
No but seriously man, if I ever get the chance to bump into you at the pub I'm totally shouting you beers to thank you for all the hard work you've put into those tracks.
Once again, they're unfrickin-believable! When I get my car, I'm definitely sending you a PM and offering my labor to help maintain those tracks

Kind Regards
Peachy

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i should mention, that i didnt just dodge you on satdy and on sunday and ride all day.

i didnt make it out, due to a damn cold/flu.

i think a mate of mine put in a few hours, his names jack. talks alot. probaly didnt do much work, just spoke about working.

any more info on this new track "techno drop," or what ever it is going to be called?

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Hey brown dog if you're the person responsible for building the tracks out at you yangs, all i can say is thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had my first ride at you yangs on Saturday the 16th and I can honestly say I've never ridden any other track that is anywhere near as fun as the ones you've built.
The berms are totally off the chain and I'm not sure what track its on, but theres a big berm made out of wood and its almost vertical and it was awesomely incredibly I want to marry you.
No but seriously man, if I ever get the chance to bump into you at the pub I'm totally shouting you beers to thank you for all the hard work you've put into those tracks.
Once again, they're unfrickin-believable! When I get my car, I'm definitely sending you a PM and offering my labor to help maintain those tracks

Kind Regards
Peachy
Thanks peachy, i hope you enjoyed it and had fun, its good to hear some positive feedback every once and a while...........cheers mate

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
i should mention, that i didnt just dodge you on satdy and on sunday and ride all day.

i didnt make it out, due to a damn cold/flu.

i think a mate of mine put in a few hours, his names jack. talks alot. probaly didnt do much work, just spoke about working.

any more info on this new track "techno drop," or what ever it is going to be called?
Yeah mate i know who Jack is, good guy , worked well but fuck he can talk, as for Techno Drop that wont be untill we finish the work for the Nationals, so maybe we could start some time in Dec or Jan not to sure yet.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Earth Works on the You Yangs DH

To everyone who will be riding at the youies this week end, just be aware that we will have trucks and machinery operating at the bottom of the DH track for both Saturday and Sunday. We should have the area bunted off but still please take care ......................cheers

dunndog

Eats Squid
Heya Brown dog,m i'll be there again this weekend, prob sunday as work saturday, look out for the flannie.. Be workin around the bottom again i assume?? What time you start? cheers man

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Heya Brown dog,m i'll be there again this weekend, prob sunday as work saturday, look out for the flannie.. Be workin around the bottom again i assume?? What time you start? cheers man
We will probably start around and 7 be there all day.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We will probably start around and 7 be there all day.
hey brown dog. should be heading out there tomorrow, the whole track is rideable? or atleast the new step up :). ill be sure to watch out for you guys and stop and lend a hand if u need it. should be there hopefully before 12. how much work have you guys done since the last ride day? sounds like a bloody lot.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Hey guys, hate to pull this one out but got a nice case of flu at the moment, dunno if I'll get out to dig tomorrow, see how I go.. fuckin colds. who needs em?

Mail Man

Likes Dirt
Heading out to Youies on sunday, ride a blue stinky delux with 888 up front. Sing out if you see me would be happy to do a few runs with some poeples. If anyone wants a ride from the city pm me got room for one or 2 of we squish.

alister

Likes Dirt
g'day fellas, I recently had my red specialized epic 04 nicked from melbourne CBD. apparently someone saw it at you yangs, a younger guy riding it, was having a hard time bunny hopping it apparently. Just wondering if you guys might be able to keep an eye out up there. Heres the post i put in the stolen section. Thanks and any help appreciated. 0409868720

Bastards with Boltcutters! Got my helmet too WHITE MET Ippogrifo with small black peak. Like this:

Bike: Specialized Epic 04 -Large Frame (maybe XL?)
Colour:fire engine red
Date it was stolen: monday 18th/8th between 10:30am and 4:15pm
Where it was stolen: Corner of Swanston and Franklin St's. just in front of RMIT 4th bike loop from the end
Specs: The frame was built up only a week ago using mostly thermo 2 parts
Brakes: Shimano mechanical disc 8” avid cleansweep front, 6" avid polygon rear rotors
fork: Rock Shox Dart2
tires: wtb weirwolf 2.1"
seat: SDG Bel Air (Grey trimming)
Rear derailleur: Shimano Alivio 8 speed
rims and hubs: mavic xm117 (?or similar)
Grips: oddi ruffian copies with gold clamps.
Other Discriptions: Has a black Led front light on handlebars and attatchment on the seatpost for cable lock. Full length rear gear cable, dodgey zip tied cabling along the top tube;)
THESE ARE NOT ACTUAL PICTURES; JUST AN IDEA OF WHAT THE FRAME LOOKS LIKE!!! CHEERS
If you see either the bike or helmet, please apprehend them, it's quite likely the rider won't even know they're riding stolen stolen goods, possibly having bought them from a pawn shop or one of their dodgey mates... For your efforts I'll buy you anything up to $100 from the bike shop I work at, or wherever
Pictures:

Last edited:

zstreetco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haven't seen your bike sorry...was up there today

OH MY GOD! The you yangs is GOING OFF! these days, so many more tracks and stuff built. Bandages and Glory is an awesome track now, much prefer it with those massive berms compared to what it was before.

Very well done to all the builders, any chance of a ride day soon???? Hate pushing haha

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new step - up is awesome.
I wish I tried it.
hey mate, must of seen you at youies when u took that photo, i'm to the left in the photo. yeh me and the guy on the iron horse were hitting the step up and then the big double. was a mad sesh :p.

edit: did u get a pic off me? if so i'd like it lol.

Last edited:

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
haven't seen your bike sorry...was up there today

OH MY GOD! The you yangs is GOING OFF! these days, so many more tracks and stuff built. Bandages and Glory is an awesome track now, much prefer it with those massive berms compared to what it was before.

Very well done to all the builders, any chance of a ride day soon???? Hate pushing haha
Hey mate you were inquiring about the next ride day, it should be towards the end of this month, we got about 2 more days of work to finish a section off then we should be able to have a ride day i will post it under Victoria in the watering hole with all the info....

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Re: Red Epic.
I did see a bloke up at the yangs on one of these. Last Saturday. He had all the gear that goes along with such a bike so the situation didn't invoke suspicion on my part. Now that I see your post I wish I'd taken a closer look, but yeah I can confirm there was an Epic up there.