You Yangs Ride: 12th September

Harder Nox

Likes Dirt
Hey,
Some of us are heading up to You Yangs on sunday week for a bit of a ride. We know of some XC riders that will be there aswell, but DHer's WE WANT YOU!! I think theres one spot left in the car if anyone else up my way needs a lift. Anyway, hope to some of u there.

PS: I read on here that the gates on the speed bridge and the creek gap at the bottom were open, i went out there afta reading this and they're not?? Anymore word on this?? These gates should be open IMO coz they aint axactly hard and the creek jump has two B lines now and the speed bridge also has a B line. I reckon all the gates should've been left open, they never had gates prior to the race, why have them now??

jamsta

Jamsta Grafix
i spoke to the track builders a few weeks back, and "they" had to close the man-made stuff due to height restrictions [they only found this stuff out after.. plus i forget the exact hieght it had to be under :? ], BUT, the good news is, they're trying to change it so you can run the whole course.. [soon i believe?] - plus they're making it longer and even more twisted.... more berms, gaps, jumps, drops etc....

count me if for a ride.... hhmmm, the Yangs :D

xc_giant_iggy

Cannon Fodder
nic

Yeah thats a kool idea going out to the You Yangs, ill probably come down, hopefully the weather is good to make it more enjoyable. Im a XC rider so are there any good trails around the area for me to ride.

Thans

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes there is heaps of good XC in the area... Stockyards was actually an XC / Trail riding area, until the DH Course was built. Theres is some fine riding out there.

The Stockyards played host to the latest round of the GMBC SuperSix XC series and the course was great, very technical, with some single track that would be hard to beat anywhere in my opinion. :D

I'll try and make it up there, dependant on what I am upto- maybe I'll right it off as a training ride :p God knows I need it before Mont :oops:

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll hopefully be there with a couple other friends (non farkiners). Keep us updated on the "Gate Situation"

---Matt---

Hard Nox

Likes Dirt
LTR said:
CaNnOnDaLe RiDeR said:
Hard Nox said:
Weather or no weather I'll be there!
You better be, ur the one taking me, Simo, Alex, and Joel!!
Damn straight.
...and your bikes, armour, helmets and stuff. Hmmmmmm, I thinks my next car will be a BUS!

Seriously, though, I'll be getting trailer soon. I think I can build a series of racks to fit 5 bikes, but, if not, 4 will do the trick.

Harder Nox

Likes Dirt
hehe... a bus would be good dad!!

Weekend Weather Forecast:
Saturday: Rain and cold change extending east. Showers to follow, falling as
snow down to 600 metres. Local hail. Cold to very cold winds.
Sunday: Morning frosts, possibly severe in north and west. Showers mainly in
southern and mountain areas becoming isolated. Snow showers retreating to Alpine
slopes. Cold.

Hard Nox

Likes Dirt
See you on Sunday guys. For those who are getting a lift with me, bring a change of clothes so you can go home clean and dry (in my car...)

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did anyone else go out there?

I was out there early (sixfuckingthirty) on the XC bike as I had plans this arvo. It was pretty wet, what I saw of the DH course, wasnt too bad. The rocks all over the place where slippery though.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Cúl-Báire said:
Did anyone else go out there?

I was out there early (sixfuckingthirty) on the XC bike as I had plans this arvo. It was pretty wet, what I saw of the DH course, wasnt too bad. The rocks all over the place where slippery though.
Dude, it was awesome. Not wet, not slippery. I pushed the limits at some bits and had lots of runs. All Round, awesome day.