You Yangs Working Bee (Vic)

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
Just to let everyone know, this weekend 6&7/01/2007 work will start on the lower section of the new DH track. A Bobcat will moving dirt around, and help will be needed to shape berms and jumps. If you can make it, bring a rake and a shovel. (if you can)

Any help would be much appreciated, as the more work that gets done, the sooner we can start riding it.

Cheers, Shorerider.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee

Well they usually start fairly early, around 9am. The new DH track, looking from the top down, is to the left of the current DH track. It shouldn't be hard to find, just head down the old DH track and head towards the noise. (ie;Chainsaws, Bobcat, people talking etc.....) You'll probably bump into someone who can point you in the right direction before you get to the bottom anyway.

Hot tip: Bring a pair of gardening type gloves. Its best to use gloves, and you'll trash your riding gloves in no time!

Hope to see you there, Shorerider.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee

How many turning up so far?
Well it seems as if we should have quite a few helpers out there this weekend. It will be good to get the extra help so that the track will be opened sooner.

Having the Bobcat there is a big bonus too. (and makes for less time behind a shovel)

So spread the word, come down if you can, so we all have more tracks to ride.

Cheers, Shorerider.

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when is the new DH track going to be finished? it should be good i wish i could make it but im in a different state

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Maybe a long shot, but if you guys are there on monday or tuesday, ill come down for a while and help out... Im recovering from an injury, so building may be the only "ride related" activities for a while.

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
New DH Track

when is the new DH track going to be finished? it should be good i wish i could make it but im in a different state
Work on the new DH track is still in it's early stages, so as to when it will be opened all depends on how quickly the work gets done. Thats why we need everyones help. I've personally been over parts of the mapped route for the track, and let me tell you, it is going to be awesome.

I'm heading out there tomorrow to help, and hopefully get a few runs in on the existing track.

Cheers, hopefully see some of you there tomorrow.

Shorerider.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Sounds like you guys are putting in some hard work. Pitty its to far for me to come out esspecially without a license but if possible some pics would be sweet so we can all see how you guys are going and actually be able to fully appreciate your hard work. Good work guys keep it up :)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Was out there helping today, and I am sooo excited about the new track. It is so flowy, berms everywhere, and I reckon that they have picked the best line on the mountain. I can't wait to ride it.:D The rock gardens look really technical and the jumps have been put in good fast sections. It needs a bit of rain to bed the track in and help compact the jumps and berms.

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, did you get any rain out there (youies) on Sunday to help dampen down the dust and solidify all the berms/steps ups/ramps etc from the new track work?

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
You Yangs working bee

Hey guys, did you get any rain out there (youies) on Sunday to help dampen down the dust and solidify all the berms/steps ups/ramps etc from the new track work?
Well just as I was about to step out of my car when I got there on Sunday, it was hammering down with rain. This was before the berms and some other work was done. Suprisingly the heavy shower was only wet enough to penetrate no more than 10mm deep into the dirt. And this was dry in around 1 hour!

It's gonna take ALOT of rain to soak the berms and jumps.

There was so much work done over the weekend. It was very impressive to see how much easier and especially quicker the work was done having the Bobcat & Backhoe there.

A big thanks to all those who helped.

Unfortunatly I couldnt take any pics. I didnt' want to get my camera or phone (2mp) wet because of rain. It lightly rained off and on all day. Next time I'm out there and the weather is clearer, I'll take some pics.

If you're ever at You Yangs, And see someone doing some AUTHORISED trail work, don't hesitate to ask them if they need a hand if you'd like to contribute.

I'll let you all know when the next working bee is on.

Cheers, Shorerider.

AdrenalineJunkie

Likes Dirt
if you can give us a little more notice next time mate it'd be great! Would've loved to come but already had commitments.

Glad the day went well.

trav

Likes Dirt
There will be no work this weekend still getting over last weeks effort,but we'll let every one know when the next working bee is.