Your favorite "Quote"

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
So what's your favorite Quote, note i did drag this from an MTB mag i have just read :D

This is it!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twlight that knows neither victory nor defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt 1858 - 1919)

Makes me think about the way i approach my riding every time i get i my bike ;)

mongoosedh

Banned
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me. From Emo Philips.

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I have many.

One that should really be in my signature is from Ayn Rand:

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision"

One that I white-outed onto the front rim of my previous bike, Buddha:

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought"

And one from the Dalai Lama that I just think can be applied to certain areas of my life:

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The most important thing is to make it meaningful: A meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."

Here: A photo of the wall in front of me.

Attachments

"You're never too old to learn that you're too old to be taught."

...but seriously

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited:

joeyjoblah

Likes Bikes
Pretty much none of these are mtb related, but I love them all anyway.

Philosophical (kinda)
"In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular."
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."

Scientific
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

Funny Stuff
"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."

"The goal of all inanimate objects is to resist man and ultimately defeat him."

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."

"The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back."

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...."

Last edited:

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
"Only when the last tree has died and
The last river has been poisoned and
The last fish has been caught,
Will we realise that
We cannot eat money" - attributed to various native americans. I identify with that sentiment a great deal.

For humour though, It's Paul McCartney from 1963

(Interviewer) "Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?"
(McCartney) "He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles"

*Fark, I forgot to mention all the classic one-liners from drunken Irish writers! *

Last edited:

contagion

Likes Dirt
These are four quotes printed in one of the later sepultura albums (after Max Cavalera left. Not my favourite cd, but the quotes are great):

"What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway" - Madre Teresa

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandi

"It's under my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." - Albert Einstein

"Peace on earth depends on the peace in the people's hearts." - Dalai Lama

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
"I swear I'm innocent!"

"I thought she was 18 sir!"

"He was dead when I got here, I just picked up the gun to keep it safe until the police arrived!"

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about."

Anonymous.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"

Homer Simpson.

dweeze

Squid
joeyjoeyblah - you just edited out some of the quotes that I was about to quote to someone else. Do you mind reposting them (or PM-ing them to me)??

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Adapted for use with women.

"It's the fish that John West rejects, that makes John West the best."