Your favorite "Quote"

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

Winston Churchill

smeck

Likes Dirt
In honour of the hangover thread, here's some quotes from a few career alcoholics. I wonder if any of them could've drunk 5 bottles of wine in a sitting and woken up like they'd never had a drink.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning that' as good as they're going to feel all day" Frank Sinatra

"Your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on" Dean Martin

"Someone left the cork out of my lunch" W.C Fields

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Some from Brendan Behan:

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.

One drink is too many for me and a thousand not enough.

Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis.

When I came back to Dublin I was courtmartialed in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.

floody

Wheel size expert
"To be good, according to the vulgar standard of goodness, is obviously quite easy. It merely requires a certain amount of sordid terror, a certain lack of imaginative thought, and a certain low passion for middle-class respectability."
-Oscar Wilde

CHUCK101

Likes Bikes
my favortites

"you carnt spend your life waiting to live!"
and
"it is better to have no money and a bike, than no money and no bike" volicity sticker (had tones at work)

Knopey

Likes Dirt
"Belief, like any other moving body, follows the path of least resistance." - Samuel Butler.

Amazing how often this applies! e.g. the news, current affairs, religions and neighbourhood gossip :cool:

Leefy

Likes Dirt
"Yeah actors are very sheltered! You don't wanna freak out the actors because they'll have nervous breakdowns and ruin your whole day of shooting, because we're really fragile..." - kristen stewart

"The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. But the clever have technology, and hide it."

"Forget being taught and concentrate on learning. When you're sure, question everything."

"To take one life is sin. To take a thousand is religion."

"A hundred elephants can wreck the outer walls of a fortress. One diseased rat can kill all those inside."

"Poor workers blame their tools. Good workers build better tools. The best workers get their tools to do the work for them."

Where do these quotes come from?

I'm such a nerd

BM Epic

Eats Squid
From Mustafa Kemal Ataturk(1934)
Those heroes that shed there blood and lost there lives..
you are lying in the soil of a friendly country.
Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference
between the Johnnies and Mehmets to us where they
lie side by side here in this country of ours..You, the
mothers, who sent there sons from faraway countries wipe
away your tears, your sons are now lying in our bosom and
are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land
they have become our sons as well.

addmin

Likes Dirt
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

- Rami Belson

norco_freak001

Likes Bikes
'A woman can teach the devil in one hour what the devil can teach the man in one year.'

'if you have nothing to do.....
don't do it here!'

"my bounty is as boundless as the sea,
my love as deep...
the more i give, the more i recieve.
for both are infinite..."

'All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.'

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Some Mark Twain Beauties

"if K.A.T. doesn't spell cat what does it spell?"

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way."

"I tried never to let my schooling interfere with my education"

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."

"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat."

"There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact."

"Training is everything... cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education."

"The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."