Your favorite race

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Ok, we may not all be sponsored, world class, or even competitive for that matter... but that is all irrelevant to this topic. What has been your favorite race thus far?

Base your answer on a combination of track/weather/results, whatever.

I myself haven't raced yet, so I can't comment. Hopefully one day in the near future I will.

Ryan

Radministrator
It was actually the last race I ever did, back in maybe 1998? (Since I got back into riding a year ago I have yet to survive practice in any race I have entered :)) I think it was a Nat round, maybe a State series, either way it was held in Cairns on the full Worlds '96 course. Got in a heap of runs in the week leading up to the race, a heap more on practice/race day, then pinned my race run for a top 10 in juniors. It was a combination of an awesome track (one of my 2 all time fave tracks) with heaps of shuttles, awesome organisation and a great vibe.

fastrider gus

super huck
my favorite race has to be trafalgar biker X in moe..
both times i've raced there the track has been realy dry (but they hose it down a bit) and beautiful and sunny...
i raced in "C" grade last time (A,B,C or D) and i won.. the track has huge doubles, mougle feilds, double berms, 2 huuuge road gaps right after each other, into a massave table top. you get about 15ft hight over it to a bone crunching landing.. (4 real! check out the pics)
nathan rennie turned up last time, shane wode nd the other norco dudes and luke madil. its the fastest track around. if its on again, you have to check it out.. its hardcore~!

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fastrider gus said:
both times i've raced there the track has been realy dry (but they hose it down a bit) and beautiful and sunny...
i raced in "C" grade last time (A,B,C or D) and i won.. the track has huge doubles, mougle feilds, double berms, 2 huuuge road gaps right after each other, into a massave table top. you get about 15ft hight over it to a bone crunching landing.. (4 real! check out the pics)
nathan rennie turned up last time, shane wode nd the other norco dudes and luke madil. its the fastest track around. if its on again, you have to check it out.. its hardcore~!
sounds like a nuts track!

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My favourite race was the 2000 Interschools at Mt.Buller, It was on the ABOM track (the long easy bumpy one). Me and my mate spent the whole weekend non-stop runs, getting absolutly hammered on the really rough track on our 4" FSR's. Sunday morning we could hardly move our fingers because of the battering, but that just meant we didn't use brakes on sunday, good for the race run!! I love chairlifts!!

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
state round at coffs in 2000. it was my 1st race . fun track lots of dust and i meet heaps of people to so that was cool. oh yeah got last , but who cares.

Day

Squid
MTBA Mt Beauty Nats 2002

One of the most professionally organised races i have ever been to ever with laser timing and instant results, as well as a sick vibe, lots of spectators going nuts with rocks in cans and also heaps of super quick pros.

Hopefully the same this year!!

trobb

Likes Dirt
the best track ive raced at would be a choice between granton or rob roy, they were both mad fun traks and both really fast. i love going fast!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
kalem said:
fastrider gus said:
sounds like a nuts track!
man that sure does sound like a crazy track..... u must be a hardcore rider 8) 8) 8)