Your favourite mtbike track features ?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
This is not about the bike.
I like slow technical features that you cant ride the first time , skinny bridges connecting elevated terrain and rocks .
Wondering what makes you think its an exciting ride?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like nutting out tech lines also, whether it’s rocks, roots or chutes. It’s very satisfying to clean a section that you need to eye off first.

Also enjoy really fast snaking trails that keep begging you to go harder, where your desire is the number one factor in how fast you go.

On the flip side, strongly dislike poorly made corners which sap all your speed or flow.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I enjoy high speed trails with a lot of descent with features like properly built jumps or log roll overs and don't mind the challenge of a rock garden in the mix. Going up, I like steepish for short periods with some rock slabs and skinny trails that meander around obstacles like trees and creeks, anything that takes your mind off a monotonous climb to go back down.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Flow. Fast rollers, smooth transitions, plenty of run off after a feature because I'm shit and old and fear for my life but still want to look rad like the boys in all the videos.

I like it loose when the stakes aren't too high, but you can forget about loose rocky steep skinny trails in the wet with scary looking falls all around. No, I didn't like "elevation" at bright yesterday. Shit gave me the heebie jeebies "Shred Kelly" was spectacular on the other hand.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, I didn't like "elevation" at bright yesterday. Shit gave me the heebie jeebies "Shred Kelly" was spectacular on the other hand.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
I road elevation in the wet, it was not fun at all.. Want to try it again in the dry. The rocks are sharp as up the top of mystic..

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I prefer natural trails with features that are real rather than the built.. I like rocky tech like the black section of the junction track at the youies. Roots, cannot stand rooty trails when it is even the slightest bit wet. Rotorua i’m looking at you..
Roto runs the best when some rain has been through!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think I like everything!

But absolutely love trails that use the natural features and lay of the land to create features the require commitment. Like a big drop that is nasty if you drop it to flat, but if you commit with enough speed you drop into nice downslope smooth as butter.

stirk

Burner
I prefer natural trails with features that are real rather than the built.. I like rocky tech like the black section of the junction track at the youies. Roots, cannot stand rooty trails when it is even the slightest bit wet. Rotorua i’m looking at you..
Agree with this, most of the trails in my area are just cut into the bush and just large rocks form the trail features while trees gaps keep you very alert. The fact natural bush features form the obstacles means every trail is different, none of this bermy flow stuff although that's fun to ride also.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
More natural trails, with no fire road descents. Don't mind struggling up as long as coming downs worth it.

Something you can flow down. Tech or flow, I'm not too fussy tbh. endless switchbacks annoy the fuck outta me though ahaha. Both up and down. and uphill rollers can die in a fire.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Something that looks challenging but where the consquences of failure are not high, cause I am old and rubbish! Drops more than jumps, again because I am rubbish at jumping but slowly getting better.

Love the flow of trails like Flickety Sticks and Dambusters at Derby with constant little features to hop off, in fact most of Derby! Enjoyed the steep berms at Maydena, like the handcut natural trails that are more prominent here in WA, variety is the spice of life! Some of the off camber turns at Linga Longa are really satisfying for me if I can carry some reasonable speed (and not crash).

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The black section of junction is massively underrated, love it.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Interesting that Miguel75 likes Elevation + WC at Bright . Yep definitely loose, rocky , rooty steep.
Rode it once + thats plenty . Friends hated it.
Prefer something like High Voltage ,Thunderbolt , Wishing Well at Falls with moderate rock drops not too many at a time.
Derby is perfect, awesome rock features, berms.
Rotorua has prolly the best berms anywhere.