Your favourite mtbike track features ?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting that Miguel75 likes Elevation + WC at Bright . Yep definitely loose, rocky , rooty steep.
Rode it once + thats plenty . Friends hated it.
Prefer something like High Voltage ,Thunderbolt , Wishing Well at Falls with moderate rock drops not too many at a time.
Derby is perfect, awesome rock features, berms.
Rotorua has prolly the best berms anywhere.
You've pretty much nailed my preferences. Although I haven't ridden Derby yet. Lots of great stuff in Bright but WC was a bit crazy for me. Maybe on a bigger bike with some pads would help there

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You've pretty much nailed my preferences. Although I haven't ridden Derby yet. Lots of great stuff in Bright but WC was a bit crazy for me. Maybe on a bigger bike with some pads would help there
I'd dearly, DEARLY love to say it was the day and the bike and that taking the dh bike on a dry day would make a difference. But reality tells me otherwise. Them rocks be sharp looking. That there trail be tight. Them trees ain't soft looking. Nope, can't see myself riding that one comfortably...

All the trails at falls are accessibly difficult to me. Exciting still, but nothing that gives me the willies like the top of mystic.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep top of Mystic is more about survival the combo of steep, close trees and loose rocks.
You wouldnt build anything like it. Looks like someone just decided to ride down and the next 1000 just followed.

teK--

Eats Squid
A track or network that has variety. Berms, slow technical switchback descents, drop offs, narrow chutes, rutted sections, gap jumps, long rock gardens with options, tree roots, off camber corners, flat corners, boulder rollovers, fast pump/rhythm sections. All using natural features as much as possible.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
This is not about the bike.
I like slow technical features that you cant ride the first time , skinny bridges connecting elevated terrain and rocks .
Wondering what makes you think its an exciting ride?
Not those!

I like tight but flowy singletrack, stuff I can drop off and jump over, and the more weight I lose the more I find myself not hating steeper techy climbs quite so much.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
The black section of junction is massively underrated, love it.
I really need to work on clearing that. That one downhill rock garden scares the crap out of me, even though I've seen it ridden easily. I just picture my fork diving and throwing me OTB.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez it’s a tough question ! What I like most is riding unfamiliar trails where I don’t know what’s coming next, and it turns out to be something pretty challenging, a steep rock garden, a drop off, or a big log to get over. I get a kick out of nailing something difficult in one go without having sighted it or stopping to scope it out.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I get a kick out of nailing something difficult in one go without having sighted it or stopping to scope it out.
Bloody hell, you should be in bed, don't you know it's a school night...don't you young fellas come in here with your talk off challenging, steep, drops etc making everyone elses old chalk-like bones feel brittle just reading that, just ask @moorey .

I hope you accidentally give yourself a blister on the Bunsen burner in science tomorrow because you have stayed up to late and can't concentrate in class.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Clearly a throwback to my yoof riding the fire trails around where I grew up, but I quite like a fast fire road descent...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Elevation and WC downhill at Bright sum up what I like; steepish, rooty, long and fun.
Dude you hit those two trails on your Eccentric? If so I salute you.
I love those trails. But only on a long travel duelly so my teeth aren’t rattled out of my head by the time I get the the bottom.

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I like it when you ride something technical and narrow but it gets less scarey after a few goes and you dont worry about the exposure. Also when you feel in the zone and nothing goes wrong.
Whats Maydena like ? I guess its steep , bermy , often wet , still bedding in ?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I like it when you ride something technical and narrow but it gets less scarey after a few goes and you dont worry about the exposure. Also when you feel in the zone and nothing goes wrong.
Whats Maydena like ? I guess its steep , bermy , often wet , still bedding in ?
Steeeeeep and lots of switchbacks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Steeeeeep and lots of switchbacks.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeah but they’re not your standard old fashioned switchbacks. More a series of wicked continuous berms pointed downhill that you can get into an awesome rythym in sections of just flicking your bike from one to the next.

Oh Easter just can’t come quick enough....