Your favourite mtbike track features ?

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Dude you hit those two trails on your Eccentric? If so I salute you.
I love those trails. But only on a long travel duelly so my teeth aren’t rattled out of my head by the time I get the the bottom.
Yeah, the Eccentric makes me smile though it can get a little bouncy. Changing the Pikes to 160mm made a lot of difference. I also wear pads, armour and have 203mm rotors;)

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really like natural trails that have been formed over the tears by walkers; kids on BMX or the odd moto. Grooming involves a rake, some snips and moving a few rocks here and there!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I prefer natural trails with features that are real rather than the built.
Think I like everything! But absolutely love trails that use the natural features and lay of the land to create features the require commitment.
Natural features for me. Give me a stack of rocks and roots over manicured jumps, berms and ramps any day.
I really like natural trails that have been formed over the tears by walkers; kids on BMX or the odd moto.
Yeah me too. Groomed mtb parks are a lot of fun, and I've done plenty, but I just feel more connected if I'm riding a track used by all in the bush. I don't even mind riding animal trails, though it's cost me a few derailleurs and/or hangers. Possibly my favourite section of all is the sandy chutes, and small natural drops, of a particular local road side trail. Walkers, horses, motos and mtb's make the sandy chutes just totally loose. You have to let the grips go slack and allow the bike to ride its self. But for us, variation is key and we ride as many trails as possible. Hope to do it till I'm old.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
All of Yackandandah is natural+ narrow all done by hand except a rotary hoe.
The heavily gold mined areas elsewhere are very irregular with big gullies and need creative linking with small narrow bridges to make really interesting tracks- that is fun too.
Not sure about some of the new stuff at Bright, the lower jumps are irregularly placed which may have contributed to the initial high accident rate on Herotrail.?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Unfortunately/ Fortunately the best of Yack is the rough gold mined rocky gullies and contrasting ridges .
Some need bridges to link them and then the riding is amazing.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I like step ups. Step downs too, but they are a lot more scary, but in a good way... :D

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really need to work on clearing that. That one downhill rock garden scares the crap out of me, even though I've seen it ridden easily. I just picture my fork diving and throwing me OTB.
Took me ages to be able to get down that section in one hit. On the day I finally do I'm riding high after clearing it and then absolutely smash into teh 2nd last rock section before the road, totaling my fork by tearing a chunk out of it.. haven't been back and ridden it since!