Your Pikes Settings

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys

just interested in how u guys set your travel on your Pikes for different types of riding.

Like for DJ's , street, Park, trails , commuting etc or do yoiu just pick one setting and leave it??

str33t l3gal

Likes Bikes
pikes

heyy man i just run them around 100mm for every thing if they are hard enough then 100mm is plenty but it also depends on what sort of fork your frame can run if its just your normal hardtail it will usually only like around 100mm ;)

Bowlo

Eats Squid
Until about a month ago I had been running Pike 409's for over a year... About 99.9% of the time I was running 95mm travel... Then 140mm when doing a bit of DH. I run Argyles now and they are alot stiffer/firmer than the Pikes. I mainly did park, dirtjumps and street.

kona451

Likes Dirt
i run mine on 95mm and really stiff and i mostly ride dirt but the odd park and they are 409 by the way

Sam.

Eats Squid
Pike 409 Coil U turn, 95 for DJ, 140 for downhill, 95 and locked out for road riding (unless I am hucking). I tried them on 95 on my mates backyard track, cut 1 second of my time on a 12 track No bumps, basically just ups and downs and corners.

Cheers, Sam:cool:

Meat Pie

Likes Dirt
Bike: STP

for DJ - street i run them between 100-110. for FR/DH 130-140. never fussed about exactly where its set but generally those are the limits.

floody

Wheel size expert
95mm is where its at. I run them at that setting for park, street, dj and 4x. I am running a lot of compression at the moment to compensate for a bit of a soft spring rate, which is of course a shithouse idea, and will be running less compression and heavier spring asap.

I suppose if I wanted to try hardtail DH I might go 140mm and make the stp handle like a boat....Otherwise set at 95mm and forget.

Last edited:

|Matt|

Banned
95mm is where its at. I run them at that setting for park, street, dj and 4x. I am running a lot of compression at the moment to compensate for a bit of a soft spring rate, which is of course a shithouse idea, and will be running less compression and heavier spring asap.

I suppose if I wanted to try hardtail DH I might go 140mm and make the stp handle like a boat....
If you want a stiff spring...PM me ;) .

I used to run mine fully locked at 100-110 for DJ and 140 for DH and random fanging at the local parks.