your shuttle rig

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
that is real engineering and problem solving, very nice and looks the part too, how longer tray did you need to do that set up?
This bike rack was built for the normal ute tube that I only pulled off the ute a few months ago. The section that holds the bikes front wheels sat up high on the sides just nere the tail gate and the bigger section holding the bikes rear wheels sat on the wheel archs. This tray is 1800 long which is still a to short to close the tail gate with bikes on. I have plans to incorperate the rear wheel holders into the tray itself so I can still carry normal loads.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
This was our set up last weekend at coffs. Its capable of holding 7 bikes. The "Grip Sport" style rack is extendable to hold either 1 or 2 bikes. The straps running down to the sides of the rack are just for extra support and prob are not really needed. Great set up for when you are shuttling in an area where you can get away with riding in the back otherwise we use 2 rigs.

Likes Dirt
My Current rack- photo.jpg

With new number plates. Bikes travel with no straps at all. Unless im driving long distances and then they have an individual okky strap over each rear wheel.

Myad

Likes Bikes
There are some nice rigs here, but nothing can beat my little Suzuki Swift. Piling all the bikes on the back can often be a challenge but it works... Sort of

pelt

Likes Dirt
so theres no vans up in here yet! heres mine! no bikes in the photo but she slots nicely on the shaggy carpet inside! (shes for sale as well if anyones keen.. need me one of those devinci wilsons)

:very_drunk:

murphy13

Likes Dirt
My Current rack- View attachment 221950

With new number plates. Bikes travel with no straps at all. Unless im driving long distances and then they have an individual okky strap over each rear wheel.

hey mate how did you get the separate bits sticking out to hold the bikes? i like the idea i have seen it before!

anyway here is mine and the last one is one i made for a mates trailer. they still need some refinement as the bikes bouncing up and down cuts the padding and ends up scratching the frame, but i have ideas to fix it!
1.jpg

2.jpg

Loaded up!
3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

Likes Dirt
hey mate how did you get the separate bits sticking out to hold the bikes? i like the idea i have seen it before!
The ones on the floor or the rack? Its all custom made by me.

The uprights on the rack are welded 16mm tube. Covered with 16mm water pipe insulation then a piece of old tyre tube.

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

The ones on the floor are 25x5 flat bar bent and welded up. I use the okky straps only when on really rough shuttles or traveling long distance on road. The bikes rarely move otherwise.

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

The rack simply slots into standard triple M builders rack mounts. Takes 5 min to pull it all off.

IMG_0757.jpg

murphy13

Likes Dirt
the pool noodle work well its just that the bikes are bouncing on the edge of the ply that is cutting though it. and tyres wont really work with how i have got it now unless its over the noodle as i cut the slots s the bikes fit snug.

thanks for the extra photos you have a good idea going on there!

cheers

aanon

Likes Dirt
Nearly 2 years since anyone has posted here, had this thing for close to 20 yrs, may as well chuck a pic up.
74 Suzuki LJ50, 550cc 3 cyl 2 stroke.

Attachments

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unitec's latest creation....

1555514_10152176048526171_1255754505_n.jpg

Over-center locking lever holds up to 7 bikes in place. Adaptor pins for 26, 27.5 and clown-size wheels. And has attachment for a North Shore rack to go on the back, so can take up to 11 bikes when fully loaded. Boom.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
I have a 5 bike grip sport style trailer. Its made out of an old motorbike trailer so the leafs are too stiff but im going to rebuild it to take 10 bikes and use two cars. Then I can run a 3 link axle and some soft car springs :)

Woo shuttle joys

LokiXTC

Likes Bikes
Zuki

Here's mine
Did a trip from brisbane to Canberra then on to thredbo
With all these bikes on the back, didn't miss a beat just got flashed by the big rigs due to mine wheel standing all the way image.jpg