your shuttle rig

Cam56

Squid
My shuttle rig

1378196_270721036441980_3215042252804301191_n.jpg

My awesome shuttle rig, 6 yakima highrollers rack and a jetblack bike rack that goes on the back in total able to take 8 bikes. The lid of the trailer is on hydraulic lifts and lifts the lid up and is 7x4 and has more then enough room for all 8 peoples gear. The trailer has a off road hitch and has a 65L water tank that has a pump . We have also put a battery in the trailer to run eskies, pressure cleaners and lights. Best shuttle rig ive ever had/used.

scblack

Leucocholic
View attachment 293453

My awesome shuttle rig, 6 yakima highrollers rack and a jetblack bike rack that goes on the back in total able to take 8 bikes. The lid of the trailer is on hydraulic lifts and lifts the lid up and is 7x4 and has more then enough room for all 8 peoples gear. The trailer has a off road hitch and has a 65L water tank that has a pump . We have also put a battery in the trailer to run eskies, pressure cleaners and lights. Best shuttle rig ive ever had/used.
Wow, that's the king of shuttle trailers.:first:

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
There's quite a few excellent ideas for shuttle riggery in this thread. That trailer above ^^ is epic, should chuck a BBQ on there and it'd be perfect.

Here is mine,

IMG_1467_zpsa778cd66.jpg

There's a couple of things I want to do to it (that probably won't get done) to finish it off,
- Tool holders, shovels and rakes etc.
- Water tank.
- Air tank.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Just finished putting this together. It also has a top thats about as deap as the trailer which the rack can mount on for bigger trips storage.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Here's mine
Did a trip from brisbane to Canberra then on to thredbo
With all these bikes on the back, didn't miss a beat just got flashed by the big rigs due to mine wheel standing all the way View attachment 282580
Holy shit! That's pretty awesome. But.............it's massively illegal and you'll get bent over by the Copper's if they stick a tape measure on it, rear overhang and all that jazz.

Vedsy

Likes Dirt
Here's mine.

Was the cheapest, simplest thing I could think of. Just a piece of RHS running across the tray with angles at the ends to bolt it down, then more rhs sticking up as crank holders. I've also Sikaflexed in thin plywood to stop the risers gouging into the cranks. Works really well.

Attachments

rollingrambo

Likes Dirt
Here's mine i put together at work for a total $9.25. It's an old pergola that we pulled down and the channels are 100x100 scrap shit just cut in half. Had to buy the bolts. Not bad for a first go at welding and 5 hours work (got our welder to go over it to make sure it won't fall apart)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This is my rack I designed and made for my Triton dual cab. It used the two existing holes in the tray hoop with one leg in the centre to stiffen up the rack.It also keeps a lot of tray floor space free up front.
View attachment View attachment View attachment
It allows three bike on the rack with the option of another two facing rearwards in between with the front wheels hanging over the tailgate if needed.

slowmick

38-39"
That is one serious rack you go there Stredda. did you build it yourself or have a fab shop make it up for you? Lots pretty laser cut pieces. Nice work either way :thumb:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
That is one serious rack you go there Stredda. did you build it yourself or have a fab shop make it up for you? Lots pretty laser cut pieces. Nice work either way :thumb:
I drew it up in 3D CAD then had the part laser cut locally then fabricated it in my shed. The straps are just Supercheap ladder straps cut down.
Quite chuffed with how it works. Got a few ideas on some improvements.