YYMTBInc. Club Race-Cressy Descent 18th to19th September.

motormtb

Likes Dirt
I imagine a XC bike or hardtail will be the fastest down just casue you can crank like crazy and be super efficient.

wish i had the weekend free would be interested to see how fast/slow I go down cressys
You will be surprised i find a bit of suspension helps cause the hardtail tends to bounce around a bit,light XC duallie would probably be ideal

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Cressy Race

Mate, this is such a sweet trail. Glad to see the boys and hopefully girls, getting out there to dash for the cash. Love the way the big jump in the middle has been reworked. Cleared it on the weekend. Was so stoked, considering only two weeks ago, I ate crap after casing on the landing! Not enough speed or HUCK I guess.
My son Felix who is 11 will be there.
Looking forward to ride day this Sunday, and race day coming up. Bring on October and the 2010/2011 race series!!

Well done YYMTB. You guys actually do what most of us only sit around and talk about.

Is track 13 the one with the big table top over another track?
For someone that doesn't know D.H race rules what do I need to compete or where do I go to find out?

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
No, you are thinking of the GMBC track 10 or Turbulance as it is now called. Cressy is the really easy one. Track No.13. I've seen this dude on a Unicycle go down it! Heaps of fun. Great A lines, and really mellow softer options.
Go to the You Yangs MTB Website. All the details are there. Dont worry about the rules, just enter and have fun!

Rich

Last edited:

conlondaniel

Likes Dirt
so just to be clear...

-will we need a full face to go in this??
-is there a discount if you only go in on sunday??

Cheers

Last edited:

trav

Likes Dirt
It's not a DH race ,its a time trial open to any style of riding XC and DH racers.

Think of it as a bit like a super D race ,but individually timed.

So can we have some clarification on the rules here. Im very confused, some are saying yes I do need FF helmet some are saying no. Where do I find the rule book and is this an official D.H race with Rules?
This is all probably very obvious to you guys but im crossing from the dark side (XC) .....hhmmmm or maybe I'm going to the dark side.

AshR

Likes Dirt
So can we have some clarification on the rules here. Im very confused, some are saying yes I do need FF helmet some are saying no. Where do I find the rule book and is this an official D.H race with Rules?
This is all probably very obvious to you guys but im crossing from the dark side (XC) .....hhmmmm or maybe I'm going to the dark side.
I'm in your boat, but I bought a FF before going to Buller to hire at the start of the year (I don't really trust helmets someone else has worn) but getting into DH, but don't have a bike yet, I'll be on my XC bike wth FF and armor :D can't wait

RGN

Likes Bikes
What about adding a couple of novelty events like longest jump, or most horizontal bike on one of the berms (would need to position photographer on corner but photo's could then be sold to raise more money for club). If someone had access to a speed camera you could even have a speed trap.

As I read it full face helmets are recommended but not essetial

AshR

Likes Dirt
What about adding a couple of novelty events like longest jump, or most horizontal bike on one of the berms (would need to position photographer on corner but photo's could then be sold to raise more money for club). If someone had access to a speed camera you could even have a speed trap.

As I read it full face helmets are recommended but not essetial
Like this --> http://www.pinkbike.com/news/mini-mega-report-2009.html

(saw this on another thread here today :) )

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Full face helmets are recommended but not compulsory as the track is really only a cross country track, another way you could think of it is as a timed 1 way XC race down cressies.

But after saying this please do your best to get your hands on a full face, also bar ends will be compulsory.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Been asked a couple of times, don't think it's been answered though...
Anyway, will Sunday only be cheaper, and if so, by how much?

AshR

Likes Dirt
Sweet as, I got my Dainese body armour today :) (well it got to my work on Monday but I was in Perth)

So looking forward to start throwing myself down hills at speed this summer, now just need a proper bike to do it on....